Best SIM only deal out there right now?

Soldato
I've had a lovely letter from Three today telling me that they can offer me a wonderful offer to "upgrade" my rolling monthly SIM only contract from £10.52 p/m for 12GB data, 600 mins and unlimited texts to their 1 month plan that will give me 12GB data, unlimited minutes and unlimited texts for £19.00 p/m!

I've had a quick look on uSwitch and there are a number of deals ranging between £8 and £10 p/s for circa 10-12GB of data (I hardly use the minutes so that really isn't a consideration!)

What's annoying is that Three themselves are on the uSwitch list at £8 p/m for a 12 month contract - but in order to do that I'd have to swap my number to a PAYG and then port it back to Three which is a bit of a pain!

Most of the cheaper deals appear to be resellers, most notably through the Vodafone network but I'm assuming most providers give pretty much blanket coverage now anyway?

Any suggestions??

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestion - I hadn't heard of Smarty!

Three have offered to match the Uswitch deal at £8 p/m as long as I'm willing to sign up for a new 12 month contract so I think I'm gonna go with that just because it's the easiest option and I rarely even get close to 12GB usage so I think 30 would be overkill for me!

Thanks again...

Soldato
I was on a not too desimilar deal (8GB, unlimited mins and texts) and had the same price increase letter a few weeks back. They offered me 30GB, unlimited mins and texts for £10, which I thought was pretty good so renewed 12M contract.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Yep I'm on the 12GB for £8 deal as well, since about 2 months ago. They offered me 30GB for £10 at the time but I declined as I usually use about 8-10GB. Find myself using more and more data, called them today to see if I can switch to the 30GB deal I was offered previously.. not available anymore.. only a 'third party' offers it, which I assume is Smarty. No point switching.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I've just received my letter... I'm currently paying 11.50£ for 30GB/600 Minutes, been informed if I don't respond, they'll move me to 20£ 30GB/Unlimited Minutes 1 month rolling contract deal. I only stayed with them as they offered me better deals every few months, signal and data speeds have been pretty crap lately so will probably switch to EE.

Edit

Just spoke to Support via Chat, being put on 10£ a month for 30GB with Unlimited Calls/Texts. Might be worth a try to go via chat.

Edit2

Went with 12gb which equates to 8£ a month, I never hit 10GB data usage. So 24£ saving over the year. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
three have great deals.

A lot of people moan about them but they were always good for me, i travel all over Manchester with work too. Must have plenty of masts here. if you use Quidco you get a good chunk back too

Soldato
OP
It tickles me that if they'd just left me alone they would have continued to collect £10.52 per month for the foreseeable future for 12GB and 600 mins but because they forced me to contact them following the letter I've actually ended up paying them £8 per month for the same data but unlimited minutes!?!?!?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
It tickles me that if they'd just left me alone they would have continued to collect £10.52 per month for the foreseeable future for 12GB and 600 mins but because they forced me to contact them following the letter I've actually ended up paying them £8 per month for the same data but unlimited minutes!?!?!?
Strange, right? I use to get call from them every 6-8 months whilst on a rolling contract with new deals trying to get more money out of me, yet I always ended up with same and or better package at the same or better price! :D

Paying 8£ from next month, will save me 3.52£ a month and even though I'm on reduced data. I've never actually used the full amount anyways, result, result! :p

Soldato
OP
Strange, right? I use to get call from them every 6-8 months whilst on a rolling contract with new deals trying to get more money out of me, yet I always ended up with same and or better package at the same or better price! :D

I'll never forget the last time I had to contact them about my tariff - I think I was asking them to match another deal I'd seen - it was for £14 a month for 10GB and the guy said there was no way they could do that sort of deal. He then went away and came back and said, "the very best I can do was £10 p/m for 12GB" - erm........OK, I'll accept that! :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I'll never forget the last time I had to contact them about my tariff - I think I was asking them to match another deal I'd seen - it was for £14 a month for 10GB and the guy said there was no way they could do that sort of deal. He then went away and came back and said, "the very best I can do was £10 p/m for 12GB" - erm........OK, I'll accept that! :D
I'm on 8£ PPM 12GB data and Unlimited Calls/Texts from next month.

I was originally on £15 PPM Unlimited everything, they than sent me a letter to say they're removing this deal from their offer (my manager is still on it, but ok...). I than went to 8GB/600 Minutes which was around 8£ I think? Than I needed more data, whilst being in hospital, so switched to 30GB/600 Minutes for 10£ PPM, slowly this increased to 11.50£ over time and now back to 12GB for £8 PPM. :D

I've been with Three for 4 years probably? If not longer lol...

Associate
I'm on 8£ PPM 12GB data and Unlimited Calls/Texts from next month.

Just switched to this also via live chat. Was previously on unlimited everything for £18/m that was coming to an end but my data usage is quite low. Shame they no longer provide Go Binge.

Soldato
does anyone here use Virgin Mobile?

im currently swith smarty but the signal is very hit or miss. was on EE before and although it wasnt full bars it was better than smarty which is a shame.

ive seen Virgin runs on the EE network and they have a 30gb a month (12 month) deal for £13 a month.

is it an exact 1:1 copy of the EE network?

Back
Top Bottom