high mileage club?

Associate
hi guys i just posted in my old thread from a few years back that my old astra i got given for free with 202,000 miles on it has now got 350,000+ miles on it because i use it for commuting a fair distance !

anyone got higher mileage than that? it still drives well but it is developing some niggles now! might replace it soon!

im sure it will be hard to sell! i might have to give it away again ha ha

Caporegime
wow what astra is that? I'm sure most of them die well before that! :eek:

not me personally but a friend used to have an Octavia which had done 300,000 miles as an airport taxi before it was even 3 years old!! It has lived an easier life since then and is now on about 450,000 I think. It must be 20 years old now I imagine.

there are plenty of cars in the world with 1,000,000 miles on them though, so I too am curious to know what the highest mileage OcUK car is... I know a member called @233 got a few cars to a fairly grand mileage! :)

Soldato
I think the world record is a 60s Volvo with over 3 million. On the origional engine too I think. So a while to go yet :p

I can't see that ever being beaten now.

Caporegime
I think the world record is a 60s Volvo with over 3 million. On the origional engine too I think. So a while to go yet :p

I can't see that ever being beaten now.

That car had several engine re-builds in its life. Three or four if I recall correctly.

Thats not to say that it isn't still impressive.

Man of Honour
Highest I think I've had is 130K

My parents had a VW Sharan they sold at 200K miles - was used as a taxi for another 200+K miles and IIRC the guy at the local VW indie reckoned he'd seen it last at over 700K miles (EDIT: Will have to check that but it definitely did well over 400K miles).

Soldato
wow what astra is that? I'm sure most of them die well before that! :eek:

not me personally but a friend used to have an Octavia which had done 300,000 miles as an airport taxi before it was even 3 years old!! It has lived an easier life since then and is now on about 450,000 I think. It must be 20 years old now I imagine.

there are plenty of cars in the world with 1,000,000 miles on them though, so I too am curious to know what the highest mileage OcUK car is... I know a member called @233 got a few cars to a fairly grand mileage! :)

the old mk4.5 mondeo is still with a friend of mine on 490k miles now.

the mk5 is 200k plus the vivaro is 250k

although i'm not in the taxi trade anymore still own a few cars that are rented out. so the miles are still creeping up.

currently clocking up an average of 30 miles a day on the commute, far cry from the days of cracking out 12-1300 miles in a day at the extreme end

Caporegime
the old mk4.5 mondeo is still with a friend of mine on 490k miles now.

the mk5 is 200k plus the vivaro is 250k

although i'm not in the taxi trade anymore still own a few cars that are rented out. so the miles are still creeping up.

currently clocking up an average of 30 miles a day on the commute, far cry from the days of cracking out 12-1300 miles in a day at the extreme end

Dear Christ 1200 - 1300 miles a day!! :eek:

I wouldn't even want to be driven that many miles in the back of a Rolls Royce let alone drive them myself in a Mondeo with -shudders- people in the back! :p

What are you doing these days? :)

Caporegime
Even 250 miles a day is way too much for me... :p

20~ miles is plenty.I did 120 miles a day before and that was horriffic... I couldn't commute 250 miles as a round trip. That would mean I have no time for me for starters, I'd be commuting or working or sleeping and thats it!

Soldato

I wouldn't even want to be driven that many miles in the back of a Rolls Royce let alone drive them myself in a Mondeo with -shudders- people in the back! :p

used to clock up some crazy miles, i'm now a depot manager for a large parcel delivery company

Soldato
We've recently retired a fiesta Van 1.6d
Bought on 4500 miles
Retired on 463k miles

We swapped the fleet to peugeot partners that are destroying engines at just over 100k
Last one snapped cambelt at 103k well under the recommended change

No help from peugeot.

Company has 317 peugeot's

Theyve lost a fairly big customer now

Man of Honour

Did that kind of mileage while in the US :( some of the roads out there it is like doing ground hog day on the A303 over and over and over.

EDIT: In fact in just 4-5 days once I did almost as many miles as an entire year of my commute to work at the moment (just under 30 miles).

Man of Honour
I would go mad... There aren't enough podcasts or audiobooks in the world to make that seem OK. :p

I usually like long journeys but that was often like 200 miles before the scenery changed kind of stuff :( I seem to have managed to find the most boring parts of the US to visit (albeit wasn't a holiday) when I was out there.

Back
Top Bottom