What have you done to your car today?

Man of Honour
What veHICle were you in, and what were they in? :p

Just curious.

My SLK55. They were in some kind of family car Honda. What was even more comical was their crawling at 60mph on an empty dual carriageway in the outer lane, but then that is a common occurrence on my route too.

On the plus side, I've never known my commute to be so quiet - I drive straight through every day, even on a Friday. Usually I queue in multiple places.

Soldato
Not sure it counts :rolleyes: :p but got hit with a PCN for £65 if I pay straight away :mad: for driving down a road which is now no longer allowable in a car :( The signs to see that are virtually impossible to notice in a car :eek::rolleyes: but so far they have given out over £500K worth of fines in a little over a month & no-one has yet managed to get it overturned either :confused:

The really sad thing :( is I have driven down that road about 4 further times since the date of the 1st offence so can look forward to another 4 x £65 worth of PCN's :mad:

Associate
Not sure it counts :rolleyes: :p but got hit with a PCN for £65 if I pay straight away :mad: for driving down a road which is now no longer allowable in a car :( The signs to see that are virtually impossible to notice in a car :eek::rolleyes: but so far they have given out over £500K worth of fines in a little over a month & no-one has yet managed to get it overturned either :confused:

The really sad thing :( is I have driven down that road about 4 further times since the date of the 1st offence so can look forward to another 4 x £65 worth of PCN's :mad:

Contest it? And jesus christ, reading your post felt like reading a MLM Instagram post by a single mother :p

Caporegime
Treated the Saab to a mid life suspension refresh (153k on what looks like original). New Aero Sachs dampers, poly rear trailing arms, new top mounts/bearings and polys for the front wishbones. Only managed to get the rear done today as I had to fight rusty nuts all the way. Just got back from a little b road blast the car is immeasurably more planted on the road now and that is just with the rears done! Hopefully get the front end done tomorrow. Front shocks will be easy but not looking forward to doing the front arms.

LzKdiy3.jpg

rLqUFZ2.jpg

fNf8fVn.jpg

Associate
hello everyone !

susprised to see such a big car section on this forum i thought it was a tech forum for nerds like me ha ha

anyway today i put a pioneer appradio in my astra h and then pondered what car i might want to replace it soon

i might make a thread in here for recomendations

what a good forum !

Caporegime
yeah the motors section is great, if a little bit.. Argumentative at times. I don't help much with that though... :D

I actually make 90% of my posts in the general section and the motors section these days. Visiting the tech areas is a rarity!

Soldato
hello everyone !

susprised to see such a big car section on this forum i thought it was a tech forum for nerds like me ha ha

anyway today i put a pioneer appradio in my astra h and then pondered what car i might want to replace it soon

i might make a thread in here for recomendations

what a good forum !
No need.

As far as recommendations go at ocuk it's:

Low budget - focus/Mondeo
Midrange - 5 series
High end - 5 series with more toys.

Associate
ha ha like that is it

a 5 series might fit the bill to be honest but it would have to be a diesel maybe a 530d

i did about forty to fifty thousand miles a year for the past 5 years my astra has 350 thousand on the clock !

but doing more working from home now so might only need to go up to the office a couple of times a week

still lots of miles !

Back
Top Bottom