BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Anyone used MHD tuning platform?

For 2016 M2 with full bolt ons.

I utilised MHD extensively on my 35is cars as well. It is a great application and has a great tuning community around it. You can even get in touch with Marshall (the creator of the application) directly and he will get back to you with help / advice which is great. I wish other platforms outside of BMW had applications like MHD, its monitoring module and graphing of logs is also so useful to see how your car is running.

In short: Do it

Soldato
Anyone used MHD tuning platform?

For 2016 M2 with full bolt ons.

Yup, been using on my M135i for about 6 months

Remap is good and the data output is really useful for track days

Prefer it to JB4 as no need for wires everywhere. Super quick and easy installation with the WiFi dongle

Associate
I utilised MHD extensively on my 35is cars as well. It is a great application and has a great tuning community around it. You can even get in touch with Marshall (the creator of the application) directly and he will get back to you with help / advice which is great. I wish other platforms outside of BMW had applications like MHD, its monitoring module and graphing of logs is also so useful to see how your car is running.

In short: Do it

Hope you don't mean the guy who runs ML performance. Pretty sure he didnt create it lol.

MHD is great but id look at a custom tune with it if you have a DCT gearbox to increase line pressures.

Soldato
Seriously??? They've stopped it?

I had it working in an LCI 5 Series last month?

Yep, I asked the dealer why I could see it in the customisation menu but not in the media menu earlier today. Reply was that its been deprecated in the latest version of the software and they are removing all 3rd party app integrations from ID7.

Man of Honour
Unbelievable. What on earth are they playing at? It was probably one of the best new features around!!!!

Once you'd logged in once Spotify just worked totally natively within the car. On the last one I didn't even bother pairing my phone with the car, there was no need unless you wanted to take calls which I don't.

You even got full album art visualisation within the digital display and as thumbnails on the HUD when swapping tracks!!

Soldato
Unbelievable. What on earth are they playing at? It was probably one of the best new features around!!!!

Once you'd logged in once Spotify just worked totally natively within the car. On the last one I didn't even bother pairing my phone with the car, there was no need unless you wanted to take calls which I don't.

You even got full album art visualisation within the digital display and as thumbnails on the HUD when swapping tracks!!

I know its odd, but then the Connected Music works and the Carplay integration can do pretty much the same thing now...the connected music would be better if I could integrate it with my own config rather than it being specific to the car as finding tracks/artist etc can be a pain. Shame as the system itself is very good.

Soldato
Hope you don't mean the guy who runs ML performance. Pretty sure he didnt create it lol.

MHD is great but id look at a custom tune with it if you have a DCT gearbox to increase line pressures.

That's explicitly one of the advantages of MHD, it is one of the most comprehensive and tested maps on the market and includes increasing the DCT clamping pressures to deal with the extra torque.

Associate

You do with wireless Car Play too - it's lovely! Prefer it to the standalone app version.

I know its odd, but then the Connected Music works and the Carplay integration can do pretty much the same thing now...the connected music would be better if I could integrate it with my own config rather than it being specific to the car as finding tracks/artist etc can be a pain. Shame as the system itself is very good.

For me it did weird stuff like get confused between carplay and the spotify log in for the car and wouldn't play anything.

Soldato
I sold my X-Trail yesterday and am planning on picking up the 328i gt on Monday, one thing i was curious is on is people tend to use the higher quality petrol in them or not? No doubt when i pick it up one of the first things i'll have to do is take it to the petrol station. Having never driven an auto it is going to be different. One comment on switching from manual to auto was to tuck your left foot under the seat so i'm not left foot braking.

Caporegime
I sold my X-Trail yesterday and am planning on picking up the 328i gt on Monday, one thing i was curious is on is people tend to use the higher quality petrol in them or not? No doubt when i pick it up one of the first things i'll have to do is take it to the petrol station. Having never driven an auto it is going to be different. One comment on switching from manual to auto was to tuck your left foot under the seat so i'm not left foot braking.

There's a foot rest. I believe the handbook recommends a minimum of 97ron. I always ran mine on at least 97.

Soldato

Perhaps some confusion here - it sounds like they have depreciated control of the Spotify app running on a phone via the iDrive but not the native Spotify client which is part of Connected Music and uses the car's data connection independently of a phone. The native Spotify client has only recently been introduced to North America so I'd be surprised if they are suddenly getting rid of it...?

https://connecteddrive.bmwlaunchpad.co.uk/services/connected-music

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably not in the way you're describing, no, however with the older app on my phone I can at least choose my music. It isn't great tbh. If I update Spotify I can only use it from the phone & bluetooth streaming.

Soldato
I'm in a manual.

I'm between MHD and BM3 but more toward MHD ATM as have the Thor WiFi adapter (steering and traction map, I have M4 GTS steering and M2C traction control and differential flashes).

I've contacted MHD already and had quick responses, not to say BM3 wouldn't do the same, they have excellent customer reviews.

I only really want to delete cold start as It is so loud it has set off other car alarms! But if I'm getting a package I'll take a stage one tune.

My car feels amazing right now after a wider turbo inlet pipe was fitted (+ Do88 FMIC, Forge charge pipe, milltek sports cat, turbosmart DV), it responds so quickly and it wasn't slow stock, but makes 30hp more (dyno proven) at redline/7000rpm than stock.

It feels like a large N/A lump but with an early turbo torque surge starting at 2300rpm, want to keep that:)

Some say MHD craps out at redline as is altogether more conservative than BM3 which pushes to the end.

Back
Top Bottom