• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I think this sums up the poor launches for both consoles. More talk about heat and replaceable plastic sides than the actual games.

Personally, given how much of a performance boost the Series X is proven to give current games, I'm not fussed about the lack of new games to play. I've got Game Pass and Cyberpunk to look forward to on a new, vastly more powerful console. That's good enough for me!

Soldato
Why did you pre-order the console without knowing what was coming out on release then?
I was just hoping they might have something up their sleeves, doesn't cost anything to pre-order does it. I half expected them to say Halo Infinite would still be this year, given it was originally a launch game which they decided to tart up a bit first.

Soldato
I was just hoping they might have something up their sleeves, doesn't cost anything to pre-order does it. I half expected them to say Halo Infinite would still be this year, given it was originally a launch game which they decided to tart up a bit first.

I'm sure that they'd have made something like that known at the start. I can't imagine they'd just drop a new next gen release like that. The hype train would leave the station months before release.

Caporegime
It gets no hotter than anything else running high end hardware in a compact box. Gaming laptops have been doing it for years....

The fact it’s outputting a lot of heat is a good sign the cooling system is working well.

Yeh, i am thrilled to hear that it is basically silent. I would rather it ran quiet and hot than loud and cool.

It isn't surprising either. It is a pretty powerful PC in a tiny box.

Heat output doesn't bother me. Will be good in the winter.

Soldato
Don't think FS is coming to Xbox this year either?

The big releases on Series X|S this year will be The Medium, Gears Tactics, The Ascent, the updates for Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4 and Sea of Thieves and multiplats like Cyberpunk and Valhalla.

Associate
There's got to be a way to keep the power supply away from the unit but make it tidy.
They use to build the PSU into the actual plug.........but can you imagine the size of a 350w plug? Plus, whilst that may be feasible in the UK where we have a proper plug and socket, the 2 pin plugs in the EU would just keep falling out!

Caporegime
OP
So here's the first sort of spec comparison we've had for Xbox Series S.

The Falconeer (which doesn't look very graphically intensive, mind you)

XSX Native 4K60, Performance 1800p120
XSS Native 1800p60, Performance 1080p120
Xbox One X 1800p60
Xbox One S 1080p60

So the Xbox One X and XSS are practically equivalent apart from the Zen 2 can do 120fps and the Jaguars seemingly can't.

It seems like an excellent set up on the XSX though. 4K and 1800p are virtually indistinguishable so to have double the frame rate with very little resolution loss is great. That would be the gold standard I'd pick for every XSX game. But yes, unlikely to happen. 1440p120 would probably be more common.

Caporegime
OP
Great video from DF here comparing load times on the Xbox Series X with SATA SSD, NVMe SSD and HDD connected to the USB port.

In a nutshell - don't waste your precious space by storing Xbox, Xbox 360 or Xbox One games on the internal SSD if you have a SATA SSD handy because there is very little difference in loading times. For the £220 price of the 1TB expansion slot, you could buy 2TB SATA SSD if you have a load of BC games you want to keep accessible.

Soldato
So here's the first sort of spec comparison we've had for Xbox Series S.

The Falconeer (which doesn't look very graphically intensive, mind you)

XSX Native 4K60, Performance 1800p120
XSS Native 1800p60, Performance 1080p120
Xbox One X 1800p60
Xbox One S 1080p60

So the Xbox One X and XSS are practically equivalent apart from the Zen 2 can do 120fps and the Jaguars seemingly can't.

It seems like an excellent set up on the XSX though. 4K and 1800p are virtually indistinguishable so to have double the frame rate with very little resolution loss is great. That would be the gold standard I'd pick for every XSX game. But yes, unlikely to happen. 1440p120 would probably be more common.

You know what's amazing about The Falconeer? Thomas Sala made the game solo :eek: So not a graphical powerhouse, sure. But an impressive looking game considering the above.

Soldato
If anyone is still after a Series X Preorder I manged to pre order one from the Polish Microsoft store using the method described here -

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/j1zici/pre_ordering_xbox_series_x/

Just make sure you have a card on your microsoft account and a saved home address.
For some reason paypal didnt work but a saved card did.

It says log in first before starting but when I done it I went to the pl url first then signed in for it to work.

Note: You will also need to get a 3a figure 8 power cable.

Back
Top Bottom