JLR vehicle subscription

Associate
https://www.landrover.co.uk/offers-and-finance/vehicle-subscription.html

I like the look of this as its one payment for the car, insurance, no deposit and you can change it every 6 months - so you can start with a Discovery and try an I-Pace for a while if it better suits your needs. You can even pause the subscription if you don’t need a car for a while.

I’ve still got another 12 months to go on my current PCP deal, but I’ve seen auto manufacturers offering this to their US customers so will probably be offered in the UK more widely soon.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Seems a tad excessive in the cost department!

I already have a car on CPC costing about £800pm, tied in for 4 years regardless of my situation or if I fancy a change in that time. This format is much more flexible.

EDIT: Plus Toyota and Mitsubishi are offering similar schemes in the US so the monthly cost will be much lower on those cars.

Soldato
You are paying £800 per month for a PCP (I presume this is what you mean) car?

I hope it’s a Ferrari for that money!

Soldato
That is extraordinarily expensive. I like it in principal but needs to be about 50-70% the price to be competitive.

EDIT: Mileage limit of 1500 a month, I guess if you're making the most of that it could be a decent price. 18k a year puts up most PCH considerably plus the extra insurance costs.

Caporegime
I really don’t understand this “subscription” model for everything these days, heck I don’t even like the idea for gaming, let alone cars.

This is clearly a product for those who just want the latest gadget, rather than actually “own” a car. It’s for the generation who swap mobile every 6 months.

Associate
OP
I really don’t understand this “subscription” model for everything these days, heck I don’t even like the idea for gaming, let alone cars.

This is clearly a product for those who just want the latest gadget, rather than actually “own” a car. It’s for the generation who swap mobile every 6 months.

Everything as a service is the future, companies don’t want to sell you something once, monthly is much better. Look at cloud IT services, AWS & Azure sell you time on their hardware and overall cost more than buying the kit yourself and running it for 5 years. It’s convenient and flexible.

Associate
Wonder why it's only the large 4x4 sort of stuff that's offered. I could see more appeal if you could jump between different types of cars. I mean you could have an F Type for the spring/summer and then a 4x4 in the autumn/winter.

Caporegime
Everything as a service is the future, companies don’t want to sell you something once, monthly is much better. Look at cloud IT services, AWS & Azure sell you time on their hardware and overall cost more than buying the kit yourself and running it for 5 years. It’s convenient and flexible.

I “get” the cloud computing argument though, the costs are typically CHEAPER than hosting your own similarly redundant, resilient and scalable platform.

But “as a Service” for my car? Why? The convenience of car ownership is the ability to set off on a journey on my schedule, taking only the passengers I want, and having the journey go from A to B rather than from A to the station, then through C and D before reaching B. The convenience doesn’t involve me paying over the odds to change the vehicle twice a year for no benefit to me?

Soldato
Wonder why it's only the large 4x4 sort of stuff that's offered. I could see more appeal if you could jump between different types of cars. I mean you could have an F Type for the spring/summer and then a 4x4 in the autumn/winter.

Are there other vehicles available in addition to those shown?
Yes, we can supply a full range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles, get in touch and let us know which vehicle you are looking for at

Associate
Sounds very much like the JLR management scheme, just with the monthly price not discounted.

It does create a lot of 6 month old new used stock for dealerships to sell.

Associate
And PCP costs vary a great deal on deposit. I normally pay little or no deposit which puts the monthly figure up but suits how I work.

Back
Top Bottom