• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
With some of the latest talk and latest patch notes I think more and more MS may suprise us with FS2020 on series S/X launch day

As a sort of technical marvel - look at what these machines can do

Associate
With some of the latest talk and latest patch notes I think more and more MS may suprise us with FS2020 on series S/X launch day

Given the state of the game currently on PC (new bugs added in patch, Garmin auto pilot problems etc) I'd be surprised if they did; I can see the PC lobby being enraged over perceived split of dev time between the platforms if they did. I also don't think it would see any more consoles as whatever us Flight Sim nerds think, it's pretty fringe beyond 'I'll fly over my house', for most gamers.

Soldato
I'm not so sure its so fringe as you think

How fringe is those worrying about Garmin AP ?

How much real extra development would it be I mean the new Series X is effectively a high end PC and could be a separate team

I was thinking from a look what our system can do - even stuff that was previously reserved for high end PCs

Soldato

It's the most next gen looking game I've seen, really hope it comes to Series X soon.

The fact it'll be on Game Pass too will open it up to a lot of people who otherwise probably wouldn't ever try it.

Soldato
Thing is and am sure it was said here, it's not a system seller like say Halo is.

It may get downloaded people will fly to there house to see how it looks and after that probably not bother

Soldato
Thing is and am sure it was said here, it's not a system seller like say Halo is.

It may get downloaded people will fly to there house to see how it looks and after that probably not bother

I love shooters. Especially in sci-fi setting. But i just have never really got into halo. First three were 'ok'.

Don't know what it is about the series that i just find a bit meh.

Soldato
Would agree with the above. I'm enjoying Flight Sim, especially now I have a stick. But it's one of those games where it's fun for an hour or two, and then you've got to decide whether you're going to invest the time to learn how to fly a plane properly, or if you're just going to have the occasional 20 minute mess around. There's not really much middle ground as it gets boring fast if you don't enjoy the monotony of spending three hours flying over virtual clouds.

I doubt getting it on to Xbox is high priority. Sure, it would be a visual showcase. But Flight Sim is going to make its money by separating the FS enthusiast market from as much cash as possible, rather than from Series X owners logging in for a quick mooch at their house etc. from the sky.

Last edited:
Associate
I can't wait to see fs2020 on xbox, even though I know I won't be sitting there for hours at a time I look forward to experiencing it (its free on game pass so not as if I've wasted money for a quick play)
It's one thing I've always wanted to play on, even after I built a pc I never got round to it

Man of Honour
I haven’t played halo since the second game. Loved the first on the PC and the second on the Xbox is the only game I’ve ever completed in one sitting in an all nighter - on a random side note it potentially cost me a threesome too, but it was worth it :p. I’m looking forward to the next gen release of it.

Caporegime
So here's the first sort of spec comparison we've had for Xbox Series S.

The Falconeer (which doesn't look very graphically intensive, mind you)

XSX Native 4K60, Performance 1800p120
XSS Native 1800p60, Performance 1080p120
Xbox One X 1800p60
Xbox One S 1080p60

So the Xbox One X and XSS are practically equivalent apart from the Zen 2 can do 120fps and the Jaguars seemingly can't.

It seems like an excellent set up on the XSX though. 4K and 1800p are virtually indistinguishable so to have double the frame rate with very little resolution loss is great. That would be the gold standard I'd pick for every XSX game. But yes, unlikely to happen. 1440p120 would probably be more common.

Yeh i think from what i've read and discussion on here, it is likely that the gpu on the Series S is about as powerul as the one in the One X. Obviously the cpu in the series S is massively more powerful though.

Soldato
I couldn't get into Halo 4 or 5. All style no substance. Campaigns I mean. Halo 2 and Reach were the highlights for me.
Tbf halo hasn't been great since bungie left it

They told there story and ended. Halo Reach is still the best of the lot imo.

4/5 excluding cortana bits of the story was mostly pap.

Man of Honour
I haven’t played halo since the second game. Loved the first on the PC and the second on the Xbox is the only game I’ve ever completed in one sitting in an all nighter - on a random side note it potentially cost me a threesome too, but it was worth it :p. I’m looking forward to the next gen release of it.

You should join us, there’sa group of us who play multiplayer halo regularly still.

Soldato
And yet no one x enhancements.

Still waiting to see some pre release reviews on the Series S, seems to have been forgotten in the hype for the Series X (which is understandable)
How many times, it has its own enhancements which include higher framerates, higher resolutions, faster loading and auto HDR. It doesn't have X1X enhancements as the Series S is only designed for 1440p. Its got a full next gen RDNA2 powered GPU, along with nearly the same speed CPU. Yes it has less RAM but it doesn't need as much. That as well as developers saying how good the system is. People need to stop trying to compare it to the X1X.

Soldato
How many times, it has its own enhancements which include higher framerates, higher resolutions, faster loading and auto HDR. It doesn't have X1X enhancements as the Series S is only designed for 1440p. Its got a full next gen RDNA2 powered GPU, along with nearly the same speed CPU. Yes it has less RAM but it doesn't need as much. That as well as developers saying how good the system is. People need to stop trying to compare it to the X1X.

But it doesn't get the higher settings that the One X had at lower resolutions, things like higher quality reflections, textures, foliage in Forza Horizon 4 for example. Personally I'd rather it offered the same level of detail that the One X can provide at 1080p than lower graphical settings at a higher resolution.

Maybe I should have kept the One X but will see how the Series S is reviewed closer to launch. If its a bit meh then I'll get a Series X next year when it has some games :p

Back
Top Bottom