• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Im just surprised with the amount of people that have a decent enough PSU and big enough case to buy the 3080 i have a thermaltake view 71 so no issues at all for size.

I have a Lan-Li Lancool II Mesh and I think it should fit... not measured, just hoping for the best, LOL

Associate
Got a Lian-Li O11D with vertical mount, and a 1600W PSU. I’m good to go... minus the actual card of course!!
I have a Lan-Li Lancool II Mesh and I think it should fit... not measured, just hoping for the best, LOL
Hahaha thats what i thought! a lot of people will be doing the same! Im loooking forward to seeing creativity in this space lol

Associate
I think OCUK needs to tell people that they are having issues with certain models and be totally up front about it instead of letting us think "maybe tomorrow", if some models like the Strix are still a few weeks out, just tell us.

Associate
Im just surprised with the amount of people that have a decent enough PSU and big enough case to buy the 3080 i have a thermaltake view 71 so no issues at all for size.
I’m surprised with the amount of people who have nearly a grand to drop on a GPU.
I guess very few of us went on holiday or days out this year though so a lot of cash saved there. ;)

Associate
I understand this is a major pita for folks whose cash flow means they’re limited for options or they took the risk and sold their only GPU. For the others, being in a queue with no updates sucks, but the alternative, obviously, is to leave the queue. The only advantage of leaving is to get refunded and to “make your point” (if that is important to you). I will stay in, look for card elsewhere and possibly change my plan depending if any 20G versions are announced. I think having options is good.

All that said, it amazes me how much pressure OCUK are building for themselves. I can only imagine (and hope) they have a very good exit plan i.e. substantial future stock in line of sight.
Got a Lian-Li O11D with vertical mount, and a 1600W PSU. I’m good to go... minus the actual card of course!!
need all that power for the hundreds of fans. :D I have the same case with a 1000w.

Associate

I also have a vertical mount bracket, but need the pci e ext. Few things that concern me, only two slots on the vertical so not sure if these cards would fit, however im on a ekwb extreme open loop so might decide to go down that route, bit overkill as i went for the msi trio.

Associate
Well if there's no update on anything by the end of this weekend, then I will cancel my order and never deal with OC again.

Queue pos 500ish.

The last update by email was over 8/9 days ago. This has been a real sheet show by OC, other retailers are getting stock and OC 'don't seem to be'.

:mad:

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
I have same case and there is plenty of space. I have Lian Li AIO radiator at front also with mount far enough into the case to see the branding down the side or the rad.

Associate
I think OCUK needs to tell people that they are having issues with certain models and be totally up front about it instead of letting us think "maybe tomorrow", if some models like the Strix are still a few weeks out, just tell us.

I got an email back from a competitor and they said 4-5 weeks for 3080 Strix stock. Sucks.

Associate
I have the H710 so lots of room for any of the cards thankfully, definitely glad I had the 5700xt to put in the system given the queue situation.

Associate
I got an email back from a competitor and they said 4-5 weeks for 3080 Strix stock. Sucks.
They are popping up in places, so are being produced and distributed. A company may have a 4-5 week lead time based on their batch allocation from their distributor. I don’t necessarily think it applies to all retailer’s universally. However if you refer to the non OC version, I have not seen it anywhere online, Reddit or otherwise...

Associate
Did anybody snag one of the zotacs that went up on a competitors site at midnight? they gave a november delivery date. Were all sold out again in like 10mins and i missed out...again lmao. Getting a 3080 is going be difficult for a while grrr.

Associate
I’m surprised with the amount of people who have nearly a grand to drop on a GPU.
I guess very few of us went on holiday or days out this year though so a lot of cash saved there. ;)
This!! We were taking the little one to Disneyworld in August... obviously cancelled. £8.5k back in the bank. Rude not to spend it!!

Back
Top Bottom