• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 Wait Negatively Affecting Gaming

Associate
Hey,

I have seen myself playing less and less games while waiting for my 3080, and barely touching my PC , as it somehow just feels inadequate despite being a decent Rig.

I have found myself only really going on it to look at benchmarks and upgrades , and check these forums. Has this wait for the 3080 put anybody else into a slump around their current setup? I am interested to know .

Caporegime
No

As long as your GPU is decent anyway carry on playing games as normal.

When I eventually get my 3090, it will go in my PC and I'll just carry on playing whatever game I was halfway through at the time.

Soldato
Strange. I buy my computer to play games.
When I start to notice games stutter or slow down, I buy new kit. Maybe every 5 years, more or less.

I carry on playing games all though this transition, which may be 1 day or several months of part selection.

My "rig" isn't a trophy. It's for gaming enjoyment and a few other activities. None involve looking at it comparing benchmarks (other than in the first week to make sure it's all working as it should) or thinking there is something better I'm waiting for so I'm not using it, as it isn't good enough anymore.

Associate
I feel the same as OP. I have a list of more recent games that are a bit more demanding that I want to play in 4k and I find myself holding off on them with my 1080s knowing the experience will be so much better with a 3080. Instead I've been playing older games that can easily run at 4k and some multiplayer stuff like Fall guys (8 wins so far). Ultimately the point of the hardware is the game experience is better, it wouldn't make sense to blow through a load of games that look really nice on an inferior card when just a bit of waiting. Many of these games I've only bought way after release anyway, things like The Witcher 3, it's not like I can't wait a bit longer to play it.

Soldato
Hey,

I have seen myself playing less and less games while waiting for my 3080, and barely touching my PC , as it somehow just feels inadequate despite being a decent Rig.

I have found myself only really going on it to look at benchmarks and upgrades , and check these forums. Has this wait for the 3080 put anybody else into a slump around their current setup? I am interested to know .

In a very similar position. for a few reasons

• Nothing is peaking my interest right now, in a waiting game for Legion,Valhalla,Cyperpunk
  • Would like to replay Witcher 3 after the Patch
  • would like to finish RDR2
  • To add to this i dont want to play RDR2 as my 1080ti @ 4K runs on mainly low, so would rather wait till i can least play it on high.. (bought a 3090)
  • im still gaming but just playing overwatch in this endless wait for some new games to release..
    however i am enjoying tony hawk

Soldato
I havent been playing much for a while really, i've been saving up a load of games that i couldnt play on high details until i could upgrade to a better gpu. I was hoping to blast through a few of them last week while i was off work but theres no rush i guess, theyre not going anywhere.

Associate
if you have a capable rig then do some gaming. If you need extra FPS or shiny new hardware to enjoy it, then you’re doing it wrong. You’ll also be in an infinite loop of wanting better hardware for small and pretty unnoticeable performance jumps.

Associate
If graphics is the only thing that draws you towards games then you have more problems than just the lack of a 3080.

I say this whilst playing Quake (software rendered) at 640p.

Associate
i ordered a 3080msi trio and cancelled it and bought a lovely lg ultrawide 1440p 144hz monitor ,but was wise enough to keep my 2080ti,gona see what amd bring to the table tbh

Back
Top Bottom