PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
Gamepass Customer support is so frustrating. Installed the app two weeks ago, have not been able to install a single game and their tech support doesn't seem to have a clue what to do.

The problem most people have is that, and I'm not saying it in this case, disabled the store or used one of the third-party 'stop Windows updates' or 'stop Windows spying' and it disables a ton of the required services.

Can you install Store applications (i.e. speedtest or something equally small)?

I've had it now for around 6 months I bet and I've never really had an issue.

M.

Soldato
The problem most people have is that, and I'm not saying it in this case, disabled the store or used one of the third-party 'stop Windows updates' or 'stop Windows spying' and it disables a ton of the required services.

Can you install Store applications (i.e. speedtest or something equally small)?

I've had it now for around 6 months I bet and I've never really had an issue.

M.
Yes, I have no trouble installing Store Apps and I allow Windows to update regularly. There just seems no rhyme or reason for it. It's not that I have a hardware or software issue preventing me from playing games, it's that the xbox app; won't allow the install to begin. It's to my C drive and I have nearly 250gb of space so that's not an issue. Won't let me install to my other physical drives either. Errorcode I get is 0x00000001. No joy from googling it though I see others have had the same issue.

Soldato
Does anyone know if you can share your Game Pass account with someone else in your household where both people could play the same game at the same time?

Associate
Does anyone know if you can share your Game Pass account with someone else in your household where both people could play the same game at the same time?
I have used my game pass to play games on my pc with someone else on my xbox, think it has to be used on your main xbox but can be shared between pc and xbox at the same time

Soldato
I have used my game pass to play games on my pc with someone else on my xbox, think it has to be used on your main xbox but can be shared between pc and xbox at the same time

It my case it would be two PC's playing at the same time. I'll just have to give it a go and see if it lets me.

Associate
Gamepass Customer support is so frustrating. Installed the app two weeks ago, have not been able to install a single game and their tech support doesn't seem to have a clue what to do.
Try, windows settings\apps\gaming service\advanced and repair or reset, you may need to get the update from the MS store if it doesn't work straight away

Associate
Try, windows settings\apps\gaming service\advanced and repair or reset, you may need to get the update from the MS store if it doesn't work straight away
could it be down to (default?) user permissions, or something dumb like that? Just thinking that win10 M$ apps (well, those I've seen recently from Game Pass) seem to be saved in some strange WindowsApps folders that have annoying permission restrictions applied to them (even the win10 admin can't view them without taking ownership and changing access rights). Thinking aloud, if there were settings to prevent Windows from being able to create/assign these permissions for its internal account, then would it fail to install/run them?

Soldato
could it be down to (default?) user permissions, or something dumb like that? Just thinking that win10 M$ apps (well, those I've seen recently from Game Pass) seem to be saved in some strange WindowsApps folders that have annoying permission restrictions applied to them (even the win10 admin can't view them without taking ownership and changing access rights). Thinking aloud, if there were settings to prevent Windows from being able to create/assign these permissions for its internal account, then would it fail to install/run them?
possible or he changed his default folder locations to say drive D:\ and app is confused (used to happen a lot)?

why not read the logs?

Soldato
It my case it would be two PC's playing at the same time. I'll just have to give it a go and see if it lets me.

You can setup family members. There's a help thing on Microsoft explaining how to do it i believe. Was checking it out for the Xbox today and saw the pc solution so it is out there i believe.

Back
Top Bottom