• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Every single one Ive done it to has just been selling their place in a preorder queue, I have no problem doing it whatsoever. No problem about people selling surplus cards in their physical possession at cost (or even slightly more), but people are charging 2 times the price for a card they don't even have, and it's exploitative. I couldn't care less that people like that have their time wasted and I am happy to do it

To say I and people like me are the ones causing genuine bidders to pay more is ridiculous, when it's the sellers putting out ridiculous BIN figures, and people impatient and naive enough to pay those silly prices. I mean there is a genuine difference between an eBay storefront genuinely trying to sell cards as a business and some utter chancer trying to sell what is essentially a queue position because they realised it can pay for a 3090 instead.

Doing their job :D give me a break. Actually such a ridiculous take on things that it makes me wonder if you're one of them
Somebody suggested that yesterday. I'm sure OC have checked lol. I wish i had a card to sell. Yes selling a place in a queue is wrong imho. Hang on a sec. isn't that just what OC are doing ;)

If people are stupid enough to bid on a queue slot and pay silly money then that's on them. Bidding on a physical item is totally different. For some people buying and selling new and hard to get items is their livelyhood. Especially those that have lost jobs etc in the past months. Let's face it. If thats you're income then this is where the money is. In a month or so i bet you see the same with the PS5 etc etc. For some people it IS a job. I don't think its our job to ruin it for them. Afterall if they're selling a pre-order how is it actually effecting us. Most are so far down the list we will see ours (hopefully) before them :)

I got a email confirming a code was allocated to my order and assured me I'd be getting one. I haven't got my card yet. I'm 10th in line for a TUF OC. I would hope they won't be going back on that. Both my order shows I have one. And Like I said I got a email confirming. I find it hard to believe people who already got their card and no code but I would.
What do you think. If after both my order on website and email both confirm the watch dogs legion and GFN codes. And like I said the CS guy confirmed I have one allocated to me. If I then didn't get one. That would be very bad on OCUK side.
Also I doubt they have shipped 1000 cards no where near.
Screenshot-20201010-123228.jpg

I asked the same question and got the same reply. They allocated the codes on orders taken not orders dispatched so orders taken after the offer was removed have probably dispatched without a code. You "should" get yours and if nvidia have any sense they will extend the deadline to claim. This is one part of this whole thing OC have actually handled right. So credit where credit's due :) - I hope they havn't over extended themselves on the codes tho as some suggest as this could cause issues later. I may be retracting my credit lmao :p

Associate
That was the MSI trio with the 18th date! I picked this car myself thinking they would have it the following day.
I changed my card. After finding out MSI Gaming X trio honestly is worse than the reference design. Cheap components. (not taking about the caps on rear but actual vrm power components and controllers etc.) And has a plastic rear cover. MSI really cheaped out this time. Which is a shame. I always like MSI but seems they got very complacent. Gaming X trio is their "flagship" card. But that far far from it. All plastic design and the bare minimum and lower Vrm components than reference. (watch any proper review on the actual vrm design and components and they cheaped out ) then compare it to the Asus TUF OC. Which is over built in many ways and all metal shroud and backplate and tear down and components are high end.

Last edited:
Associate
It may not seem very fair to other retailers, but really, stock should only be going in the direction of the retailers who had pre-orders available from the 17th.
Although some stock is being purchased by genuine customers from other retailers, the majority is still going to bots and scalpers.
If they were able to fulfil those customers who pre-ordered on the 17th first, it would make a lot more sense and ease the tension.

Associate
anyone know anything about about the next batch of emails to be sent out with the updated Q?

I really wanna know how much i've moved closer to getting a card was 107th went 1st email was sent on the 2nd.

Associate
Somebody suggested that yesterday. I'm sure OC have checked lol. I wish i had a card to sell. Yes selling a place in a queue is wrong imho. Hang on a sec. isn't that just what OC are doing ;)

If people are stupid enough to bid on a queue slot and pay silly money then that's on them. Bidding on a physical item is totally different. For some people buying and selling new and hard to get items is their livelyhood. Especially those that have lost jobs etc in the past months. Let's face it. If thats you're income then this is where the money is. In a month or so i bet you see the same with the PS5 etc etc. For some people it IS a job. I don't think its our job to ruin it for them. Afterall if they're selling a pre-order how is it actually effecting us. Most are so far down the list we will see ours (hopefully) before them :)

I asked the same question and got the same reply. They allocated the codes on orders taken not orders dispatched so orders taken after the offer was removed have probably dispatched without a code. You "should" get yours and if nvidia have any sense they will extend the deadline to claim. This is one part of this whole thing OC have actually handled right. So credit where credit's due :) - I hope they havn't over extended themselves on the codes tho as some suggest as this could cause issues later. I may be retracting my credit lmao :p
Hopefully. Also as far as I know it's actually Unisoft who have the end date of the claim set. But Nvidia has to get the codes. Hopefully UBI will extend the offer for the game free. From what I've seen from people who spoke to Ubisoft CS the date is set by Ubisoft. Either way Nvidia needs to get more. I would image you could email Nvidia provide proof of purchase and since you have to have the card I stalled and install GFE and signed in they can track the codes. If not get proof of OCUK from a email that they ran out of codes on whos ever order if they didn't get one and maybe get one from Nvidia. Would be worth a try for some people.

Associate
anyone know anything about about the next batch of emails to be sent out with the updated Q?

I really wanna know how much i've moved closer to getting a card was 107th went 1st email was sent on the 2nd.
People were getting them but only when their particular card has shipped any stock out

Associate

You only get a email once your queue has gone down due to cards being shipped. They aren't just sending out emails each week. If you don't get a updated queue email for 2 weeks let's say, then that would mean they haven't shipped any out and your queue POS would be same still

Associate
I don't know why Nvidia even have to involve retailers for the game promo codes. Puts the onus on them to supply the code to the user.
True. It would be very simple if not easier than what they are doing right now to just give you the game if you install the card and have log into GFE within first 3 months let's say. (or extend if having supply issues like now) and it gives you a code for the game (generates codes or takes from a list and allocates it to your account and serial number and CPUID) and takes note of your serial number for card so it never gives out another to say someone else you plug the card into pc. Would be very easy to do this.

Associate
I don't know why Nvidia even have to involve retailers for the game promo codes. Puts the onus on them to supply the code to the user.
If they didn't do it that way then it would be in the order the cards were installed and so some of us that ordered first but havn't seen a card yet would miss out. To do it that way they would have to have unlimited codes like AMD etc do and have software generate the codes when the card is installed.
I can see this being true this time next year. 3080 SUPER produced on TSMCs 7nm. Would be less power usage and more powerful even with exact same cuda cores. https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/1...-geforce-rtx-30-series-on-tsmcs-7-nm-process/

https://twitter.com/chiakokhua/status/1314012548346253312?s=19

They've not even sorted out this launch and they're hinting whats next. Thats nice for them although it does look just like guesswork and rumours atm :p

Associate
If they didn't do it that way then it would be in the order the cards were installed and so some of us that ordered first but havn't seen a card yet would miss out. To do it that way they would have to have unlimited codes like AMD etc do and have software generate the codes when the card is installed.
Easy way around this is to generate codes for all people in first 3 months who install the card while logged into GFE check serial number of card through GFE that it's not had one given previously. Generate a code. And then easy for Nvidia to extend the offer if issues like supply.

Associate
I can see this being true this time next year. 3080 SUPER produced on TSMCs 7nm. Would be less power usage and more powerful even with exact same cuda cores. https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/1...-geforce-rtx-30-series-on-tsmcs-7-nm-process/

Would be interesting to see what a 1nm shrinkage would give in terms of gains if they go for the exact same amount of cuda cores, can't imagine it being that drastic.

Associate
Thats actually a very childish way to act. not to mention being against that sites policies. How would you feel if somebody came to your work and made it almost impossible for you to do your job whilst bragging about it to others.

Dont forget these guys are not doing anything wrong (just immoral in some/most eyes). They've had to jump through the same hoops.

Actually most of them don't have a card in hand, so they're in breach of Ebay's policies and arguably in a dodgy position legally.

Associate

Would be nice to see some better OC performance but who knows. Power saving is always good :p

Easy way around this is to generate codes for all people in first 3 months who install the card while logged into GFE check serial number of card through GFE that it's not had one given previously. Generate a code. And then easy for Nvidia to extend the offer if issues like supply.
They sold out of 1000 codes in less than a day. They would need so many to cover 3 months. I think considering the size of nvidia their supply of codes for the offer is very tight when people are paying a small fortune for the cards. For me it should be all or nothing.
I don't think limiting the offer did anything for driving initial sales but i'd guess that was the intention when they dreamed the idea up. Short term offer which a few people get and then move on. If they hadn't messed up nobody would be worried about the offer. Any that ordered would have got their card quickly and be happy (not worrying whether somebody else would snag their code) and any that missed out would be just getting on with their lives.

Associate
Scalpers are the worst of the worst. You would have to be a scumbag to buy something you won't use only to sell it on for double the price, when there's a stock shortage. One listing had a receipt which clearly said where he bought it from. Not the smartest tool in the shed telling everyone, where he got it from lol

Associate
Actually most of them don't have a card in hand, so they're in breach of Ebay's policies and arguably in a dodgy position legally.
I don't won't to advocate for scalping, but Ebay policy says that you have to ship goods within 30 days (i.e if you're manufacturer who solely operates on specific order and don't have anything on stock) so technically theirs listing doesn't violate anything as of yet.

Well, I think of applying this policy to OCUK. I'll probably cancel my order and I'll wait for card from AMD or NV Super variants on 7nm that seems to be more reliable in terms of yields. AMD should move soon enough to 5nm so TSMC could have spare for NV.

Associate
Scalpers are the worst of the worst. You would have to be a scumbag to buy something you won't use only to sell it on for double the price, when there's a stock shortage. One listing had a receipt which clearly said where he bought it from. Not the smartest tool in the shed telling everyone, where he got it from lol
Supply & demand. Whether its scalpers or OC. Whats the point in buying something nobody wants and is in plentyful supply that you can't make a profit on. You would be guaranteeing yourself a loss. If OC are using cards in pre-builds they are effectively scalping also to make a few extra quid at our expense. This is just business and it is ruthless. Its very rarely fair :(
If what these ebay sellers are asking for is more than you want to pay they wont make a sale. The fact is there's always somebody with more money than sense who will pay anything to get what they (or their kids) want. If one came up that was in hand and reasonable money i bet a lot of us here would jump on it. Even those that think scalping is bad. If its so bad why are the people complaining even looking at all these listings in the first place? Just stay away from ebay and stop looking there hoping for anything more than an overpriced item. I know of 2 people in this thread that have said how bad scalping is only to go and buy one themselves.

Back
Top Bottom