Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Soldato
Looks rather poor to me but then the only FPS I have only really played in the past year or so is Squad. Guess its a different style of game so will give it time (this is in ultra settings, 3440 x 1440, 100hz/fps)

Soldato
Yeah, its a shame they went with UE3 as the game does look quite ropey.

But in terms of gunplay, hit detection and netcode it is superb. You shoot someone, they die.

Soldato
It's still a fantastic looking game to my eyes. The weapon models and animations in particular are beautiful and have some great attention to detail, such as water dripping off them if you wade through a river.
They introduced some great concepts too, some of which have come from previous games. Things like detachable bayonets (which affect more than just your melee ability), being able to swap between optics and ironsights (whilst maintaining individual range settings for both) and being able to fold the stock if you weapon has one, to give you faster weapon handling at the expense of being able to shoulder and use the sights properly. I know the game has it's flaws, but I love the effort that's gone into things like this.

Associate
Just got this because it was under £4. Played rising storm 2 and enjoyed it few years back.

Not sure why there isn't more Vietnam based fps, perhaps battlefield will remake one and ruin it like they've done with ww2.

Soldato
Just got this because it was under £4. Played rising storm 2 and enjoyed it few years back.

Not sure why there isn't more Vietnam based fps, perhaps battlefield will remake one and ruin it like they've done with ww2.

Where I it under £4? I paid £5.65, fuming

Associate
Didnt get on with it. I love the setting but lacked a bit of gritty atmosphere to sell it to me.

Gameplay seemed ok if anything, I can see why people like it, but even at 4 quid it will be a library filler for me.

Really wanted a good Vietnam game as well, loved BFV back in the day.. blaring out the radio hurtling along in a jeep :D

Associate
Been playing (or trying to) this the last couple of days and think its great. Tried the Army Men DLC today just shame the servers are so laggy its almost unplayable

Soldato
Would have been easier to just visit the Steam page it tells you on the right hand side if you scroll down a bit.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/418460/Rising_Storm_2_Vietnam/

Thanks for the link but wouldn't it have been easier to just tell me instead of pasting the link? As an aside I can't see where on the Steam page that it tells you that it is exclusively PvP - yes it says "Online PvP" but I'm still not 100% sure that there isn't some sort of single player experience? (I'm assuming there isn't?)

Associate
Thanks for the link but wouldn't it have been easier to just tell me instead of pasting the link? As an aside I can't see where on the Steam page that it tells you that it is exclusively PvP - yes it says "Online PvP" but I'm still not 100% sure that there isn't some sort of single player experience? (I'm assuming there isn't?)

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

If it only says "Online PvP" then that's all it has, if there was single player, it would say it.

Example:
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom