How much are you paying for your internet

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
£55 here for Gigaclear 1g symmetric FTTP, it’s blisteringly fast but I do probably think that I should downgrade it, I rarely ever use much bandwidth. The way GC is priced though, I’d only save £10pcm by downgrading to 300/300, so I have just left it running at 1g, why not.

Associate
£55 here for Gigaclear 1g symmetric FTTP, it’s blisteringly fast but I do probably think that I should downgrade it, I rarely ever use much bandwidth. The way GC is priced though, I’d only save £10pcm by downgrading to 300/300, so I have just left it running at 1g, why not.

I think you spelled UPGRADE wrong!

Downgrade? What is this funny word you talk of? :o;)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Well, that is why i leave it at 1g (and why i went for that tier in the first place!)....going backwards for a small saving seems wrong :p

Associate
£29.99 for a rolling one Month 80/20 FTTC contract on Cuckoo.

Desperate for FTTP, but no sign of it coming anywhere near me, and no virgin media or ALTNETs as an option :(

Permabanned
£26 a month for BT 80/20 24month contract. They will not do it cheaper someone got thiers on here for around £21 but they would not budge i even said i will cancel and hang up if they did not and they stood thier ground so i hung up and an hour later rang again and agreed lol. :)

Caporegime
You need to mentally add on £5 to every service tier to get a static IP - if you don't pay for a static IP then you end up with an IP in a CGNAT pool with hundreds of other users.

Soldato
You need to mentally add on £5 to every service tier to get a static IP - if you don't pay for a static IP then you end up with an IP in a CGNAT pool with hundreds of other users.
How will this affect my connection? I don’t remotely access my LAN so I don’t need static IP.

Soldato
How do you find it? I’m moving to a new house next month with Hyperoptic, but are likely to go for 150/500mbps
It was at my renewal they gave me a discount to keep me when I phoned up

Side note got a new router yesterday, RT-AX92U and using the PCE-AC88 wifi card in my PC 1 floor up from router and gigabit internet this is the result

10249064304.png

And downloading on steam

unknown.png

I am blown away, was only getting 400ish on the download with my RT-AC68U router before.

Last edited:
Associate
It was at my renewal they gave me a discount to keep me when I phoned up

Side note got a new router yesterday, RT-AX92U and using the PCE-AC88 wifi card in my PC 1 floor up from router and gigabit internet this is the result

10249064304.png

And downloading on steam

unknown.png

I am blown away, was only getting 400ish on the download with my RT-AC68U router before.

that’s wifi?!

I’m sending the same router pair back to Amazon. Tried for about a month and speeds nowhere near that over wifi. Different devices, maxes out around 500ish for me.

Soldato
that’s wifi?!

I’m sending the same router pair back to Amazon. Tried for about a month and speeds nowhere near that over wifi. Different devices, maxes out around 500ish for me.

Yes that is wifi. I have just 1. When you have it in a pair it uses the AX band as the backhaul between the two in the mesh system and the slower wifi band which maxes out at 500 in real world usage for the clients. When you have just 1 you can use the AX band for wifi clients. I get 700-750 on my PC over wifi with it like this.

Associate
Yes that is wifi. I have just 1. When you have it in a pair it uses the AX band as the backhaul between the two in the mesh system and the slower wifi band which maxes out at 500 in real world usage for the clients. When you have just 1 you can use the AX band for wifi clients. I get 700-750 on my PC over wifi with it like this.

I didn’t have it set like that. Had the backhaul via Ethernet and that freed up the extra fast wifi band for use.

What firmware are you using out of interest?

Soldato
I didn’t have it set like that. Had the backhaul via Ethernet and that freed up the extra fast wifi band for use.

What firmware are you using out of interest?

The latest on the website. It might just be that the clients you are using aren't fast enough to take advantage of it perhaps? This wifi card in my PC works real well. The only other device that gets remotely close to these speeds are my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ while in the same room. Every other device tops out between 500-600.

Associate
£55 per month for the BT fibre 900 package on a 24 month contract. This is without the wifi discs as most of the house is wired with Ethernet, and my old Asus RT-5300 router gives acceptable wifi coverage throughout the house and even outside.

Back
Top Bottom