• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

TrM

TrM

Associate
Looking at lists from elsewhere the PNY and Palit cards do seem less popular, they don't look as good to be fair.

I went for the zotac trinity oc myself ordered on the 22nd and received yesterday I really like the card myself but the more unpopular cards is the best best to receive it earlier

Associate
I went for the zotac trinity oc myself ordered on the 22nd and received yesterday I really like the card myself but the more unpopular cards is the best best to receive it earlier

As long as it works as expected pal who cares, I don't have any brand loyalty!! Glad you got yours.

Associate
I just hope mine comes before Xmas.
New pc is the family Xmas present.
Rest of pc is now built and boxed ready to go under the tree.
Rocking i3 550 and 750ti in existing pc so looking forward to the upgrade haha.
I'm sure it gonna feel like inventing fire when we first get to play xmas morning

Associate
Got my card Thursday this week and I just popped back in to say seriously this wait might be a good thing. I get multiple crashes a day, some while gaming some while just doing things like using Microsoft teams. My screen will
completely freeze but the computer will be functional otherwise. It’s quite frustrating so you guys having a wait might be a good thing to sort this stuff out in the mean time I’m seriously considering putting my 5700xt back in just for system stability, not a joke sadly.
Ouch. What card did you get?

Associate
Strix has higher binning, better cooling, triple 8pin for higher power limit, dual bios and onboard fan headers that are controlled by GPU thermals.

It would be nice to think this, but of them:
- TUF has dual BIOS too
- Reviews have shown no appreciable difference between TUF and Strix cooling (actually, the only one with a direct comparison reckons that Strix was worse off - really hoping for a better showing from GN or someone I can trust a little more)
- ASUS had no way to bin chips at the start, and so far we've not seen any evidence of this

So yes to third 8-pin and the onboard fan headers? Yay...

And please note that I say this as someone queueing for a Strix (and having only some regret I didn't try for a TUF - would have probably had it by now, and it seems to be high on the bang-for-buck scale).

Associate
OC is exactly the same as non-OC but £50 more. Hence why Asus only selling OC modeal.
Not quite... usually a binning process involved. Normal process is to apply the bios overclock. If all stable then we get a nice OC variant. If it’s unstable then it’s used in the standard variant. Suspect to keep things even (especially if silicon is consistently good) then some untested at the overclock will go straight into the standard (so will overclock okay) but you can’t guarantee it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Got my card Thursday this week and I just popped back in to say seriously this wait might be a good thing. I get multiple crashes a day, some while gaming some while just doing things like using Microsoft teams. My screen will
completely freeze but the computer will be functional otherwise. It’s quite frustrating so you guys having a wait might be a good thing to sort this stuff out in the mean time I’m seriously considering putting my 5700xt back in just for system stability, not a joke sadly.
You need a new PSU.

Associate
I chose a inno3d twin X2 oc 3080 after my bank declined a competitors msi VENTUS , sadly this wasn’t my first choice of card but I guess we will have to see what the dual fans have to offer :( anyways I am 34 in queue ; and not a single person in the world has an twin X2 OC

What are the chances I get this by 2025

Associate
It would be nice to think this, but of them:
- TUF has dual BIOS too
- Reviews have shown no appreciable difference between TUF and Strix cooling (actually, the only one with a direct comparison reckons that Strix was worse off - really hoping for a better showing from GN or someone I can trust a little more)
- ASUS had no way to bin chips at the start, and so far we've not seen any evidence of this

So yes to third 8-pin and the onboard fan headers? Yay...

And please note that I say this as someone queueing for a Strix (and having only some regret I didn't try for a TUF - would have probably had it by now, and it seems to be high on the bang-for-buck scale).
you forgot the RGB, which, Arguably, is the most important factor.....

Back
Top Bottom