LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Yes!

Now it's the CPU struggling to keep up, and I'm not sure how long 16GB of RAM is going to hold out. It's a bottomless upgrade pit. :p

Seriously though, pushing above 60fps has now engaged Gsync properly and things are really smooth. This panel is stunning at high refresh 4k with HDR enabled.

try adding another 16gb of ram if you can;) what is your CPU

Permabanned
I am looking to get one of these when my 3080 arrives as 4K120 in Windows must be amazing on an OLED screen.

Is the base of the screen without the stand flat? I have my current Samsung 47" 4K TV resting on the desk and some brackets at the back to keep it all steady.

Can I do this on the CX?

20201011-090018.jpg

Soldato
I am looking to get one of these when my 3080 arrives as 4K120 in Windows must be amazing on an OLED screen.

Is the base of the screen without the stand flat? I have my current Samsung 47" 4K TV resting on the desk and some brackets at the back to keep it all steady.

Can I do this on the CX?
The panel is lower than the rest of the TV and it doesn’t make the base flat. So no unless you are going to mount it to take all the weight off it.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi, can I ask how does 1440p look on this TV?

Was going to buy a 3080 but with the lack of stock and 20gb version on the horizon in going to wait.

I've a 2080ti at the mo but I'm limited by my monitor which does 4k@60 but with this TV will do 120fps at 4:2:0 but I'm thinking I'll play most games at a high frame rate at 1440p if it looks okay.

With my keyboard and mouse I'll be around 3ft away, is that too close?

Thanks!

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Should output colour not be RGB?

For OLED & HDR over HDMI, my understanding is that YcbCr444 is preference over RGB.

hmm I always thought RGB with full output dynamic range (not limited) was the way to go, but I could be wrong on that.

I did some googling but it appears its YcbCr444 is a limited colour space but designed for bluray players and film playback since films are designed with that limited colour space.

PC monitor use however is standardized with RGB being the most compatible but the key difference is setting RBG with Output dynamic Range to FULL.

A good read here:

https://hardforum.com/threads/rgb-vs-ycbcr444-in-nvidia-control-panel.1998222/

But to cut a long story short, MadVR suggest setting your GPU control panel to RGB Full (0-255)

https://hardforum.com/threads/rgb-vs-ycbcr444-in-nvidia-control-panel.1998222/post-1044644658

If I am wrong on the above, correct me and ill re-edit it.

Associate
Hi, can I ask how does 1440p look on this TV?

Was going to buy a 3080 but with the lack of stock and 20gb version on the horizon in going to wait.

I've a 2080ti at the mo but I'm limited by my monitor which does 4k@60 but with this TV will do 120fps at 4:2:0 but I'm thinking I'll play most games at a high frame rate at 1440p if it looks okay.

With my keyboard and mouse I'll be around 3ft away, is that too close?

Thanks!

you won't do a consistent 120hz in all games on this CX you card is only a 18Gbs 2.0b HDMI

Soldato
When you open the box the stand is at it's default level it might be too small for a sound bar but it depends on how thick the sound is!. You can raise it height of the stand that might give you more room, (say about the middle) the only reason I left mine at the default level was to put my 4K player under the TV like I said.

When you put the stand & base then the plate together you will know, then all is left is too screw the TV brackets to your TV but use the right screws!.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom