New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Loving my monitor so far but i have noticed when watching things that blacks look rather blocky. Anyone know if this can be fixed with a settings change or anything or just live with it?

Soldato
Division 2 has weird behaviour with G-sync you need to test it
my issue was that when looking around with your mouse its nice and smooth.

When running down a corridor or street and the buildings etc are passing you its not very smooth.

Capping the game at 60fps has improved this for me

Gsync is on in Nvidia CP
Gsaync enabled at full screen in Nvidia CP
Vsync off in game

Associate
How many days did people have to wait from order to delivery - I know with Covid there's a delay - mines showing 21st oct atm order was placed on 1st was wondering if it's likely to turn up before then as probably have to make sure I'm around to receive

Associate
my issue was that when looking around with your mouse its nice and smooth.

When running down a corridor or street and the buildings etc are passing you its not very smooth.

Capping the game at 60fps has improved this for me

Gsync is on in Nvidia CP
Gsaync enabled at full screen in Nvidia CP
Vsync off in game

What refresh rate does your monitor have?

Bear in mind G-Sync is disabled if your FPS goes over the monitors max refresh rate so that might've been the issue.

Also, apparently, enabling V-Sync in game is better than doing so in Nvidia Control panel.

Either way, you should be enabling a FPS cap a few below the monitors max refresh to ensure you're staying withing G-Sync operation.

For example, I'm currently using a 240Hz G-Sync monitor so I frame cap at 235.

Soldato
What refresh rate does your monitor have?

Bear in mind G-Sync is disabled if your FPS goes over the monitors max refresh rate so that might've been the issue.

Also, apparently, enabling V-Sync in game is better than doing so in Nvidia Control panel.

Either way, you should be enabling a FPS cap a few below the monitors max refresh to ensure you're staying withing G-Sync operation.

For example, I'm currently using a 240Hz G-Sync monitor so I frame cap at 235.

I have the refresh rate set to 165hz in the Nvidia CP.

Gsync is also enabled and set for full screen mode.

Vsync was enabled in the game but get the same issue with this on or off.

Game does not have many options for fps limit, its either 60, 120, 144 or 165 and cannot be set manually (example 163hz)

Associate
I have the refresh rate set to 165hz in the Nvidia CP.

Gsync is also enabled and set for full screen mode.

Vsync was enabled in the game but get the same issue with this on or off.

Game does not have many options for fps limit, its either 60, 120, 144 or 165 and cannot be set manually (example 163hz)

You'd be better to set the limit in NVCP to 160 as sometimes FPS spikes and will go over 165 causing G-Sync to turn off.

Weird that you're saying that running between buildings etc doesn't look smooth. Is this in one game in particular, or all? Sounds like a game issue to me, but who knows?

Soldato
You'd be better to set the limit in NVCP to 160 as sometimes FPS spikes and will go over 165 causing G-Sync to turn off.

Weird that you're saying that running between buildings etc doesn't look smooth. Is this in one game in particular, or all? Sounds like a game issue to me, but who knows?
Only happens in Div 2, I have yet to try on other games.

Ill try and set the limit in NVCP and see what happens.

Permabanned
If you could that would be great.

I am new to this Gsync|Vsync stuff as my last monitor was a 1080p\60hz 21.5"

Installed it, having a go now. My GPU is less powerful (1080 GTX) so I knocked settings down a bit.

Ran through the intro to the whitehouse and all seemed nice and smooth. 70-80 fps, gsync on, I frame capped in nvidia control panel to 160(not that I can hit that).

I cant try my main character as I dont have UPlay pass thing anymore.

Associate
Whats the best fps to cap at? obviously the monitor can do 165hz (which I currently have it set too) but I am getting a little stutter in the Division 2.

I am guessing this is because I cannot reach 165hz, on the benchmark for the Division 2 I get an average of 71 fps.

So, would I be better off doing the following

1. cap fps at 60hz (as I cannot reach 120\144\165)
2. lower quality down in game to reach 165hz

PC Specs are I7 9700K, 16GB of ram, 1TB NVME Samsung 970 Evo and a 2070S

This is my first monitor like this so its all new to me!, last monitor I had was 6\7 Years ago

Cap FPS in-game to 163 if it has an in game option. If a game doesn't have an option for FPS cap then use RivaTuner Statistics server to cap at 163
Enable v-sync on for all games in Nvidia Control Panel - disable v-sync on all in game settings
Ensure Freesync/G-Sync is on

What this does. 163 FPS cap stops the framerate overshooting and hitting v-sync. Freesync on eliminates any tearing. V-sync foreced on in Nvidia control panel reduces overall input latency if you exceed your frame cap. Essentially v-sync takes over when you are not in the Freesync/G-Sync range (which is very wide for this monitor 48-165 Hz)

Soldato
I am still thinking about this monitor
I do not understand why the manufacturer has such long delivery times
mAfMJqC.png
I ordered mine on the 29th September and at the time the delivery eta was the 15th of October.

Next thing I know it was shipped on the 30th of September and here by the 1st of October.

I know a fair few people have recently ordered these as well.

Back
Top Bottom