French Open 2020

Caporegime
OP
How many break points can Tsitsipas throw away today? He's playing well enough to make a match of this.

Edit: Tsitsipas has collapsed quicker than the Greek economy.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Could've been energy but he looked mentally beaten as soon as he lost his serve. If it's energy, I'm worried for the quality of tennis going forward. The big three have all played 4 and 5 hour marathon 5 setters and the quality of tennis rarely drops.

I'd expect the players in their 20's would be even fitter with advances in sports science.

Edit: And yet again, if the big three play at least two make it to the finals. Is the gap really that big to the next lot or are the current/new generation just a bit ****?

Don
I can't say I've followed much tennis in the last couple of years but the Nadal/Djokovic/Federer era is without doubt the greatest in the history of the sport. It's going to be hard for anybody to follow on from them and why they're still dominating into their 30's.

Associate
I'd expect the players in their 20's would be even fitter with advances in sports science.

I wonder if this is to do with the fact that most of the top younger players are all pretty tall, 6' 4” plus. They're great movers but it's often seemed that once you get past 6' 2" those players don't have quite as much stamina. Just a guess. Thiem seems super fit and again is a little shorter (although he seemed worn out by his US Open efforts at this tournament).

Should be a belter of a match tomorrow, I love Rafa but in these conditions Djokovic is the favourite.

Caporegime
OP
Not watched Kenin much before this tournament but she comes across as a bit of a petulant little daddies girl. Constantly smashing her racket on things, miserable expression, getting the umpire to check ridiculous line calls that don't go her way and throws the ball around when her game finishes. Hopefully just my poor reading of her but not a fan yet.

Back
Top Bottom