French Open 2020

Caporegime
OP
Didn't expect that, very close set but ends 6-0. Freak set no doubt.

Djokovic is hitting the ball well, apart from his serve, but doesn't look like he has much energy and he's struggling with his footing.

Caporegime
OP
Utterly ridiculous, he wasn't meant to be able to do this without the right conditions.

Both singles champions didn't lose a set, they should now have a champions match although Swiatek might fan girl too much :D

Associate
Utterly ridiculous, he wasn't meant to be able to do this without the right conditions.

Both singles champions didn't lose a set, they should now have a champions match although Swiatek might fan girl too much :D

Lol! Nadal defied expectations for sure, unbelievable. He made a mockery of all the conversation surrounding the conditions. 2 players one 20 slams and another on 17, this is the greatest era in men's tennis without question.

Don
I've not watched much tennis lately so wasn't too sure what to expect. History tells you that if Nadal is fit he wins it but with all the experts banging on about Djokovic and conditions, I half convinced myself that he couldn't win. I even convinced my friend not to bet on Nadal last week - I'm sure he'll be pleased with me.

Caporegime
OP
Even Nadal went in to the tournament saying he expected to struggle. He lost in Rome the week before and got completely outplayed on the slower surface and Djokovic had only lost 1 game the entire year. Most pundits, commentators and former players had Djokovic as the favourite and Nadal a doubt to even make the final.

Permabanned
He was much the same during the SF, somewhat flat and emotionless.

Maybe he simply knew that he is not in form.
That stupidity at US Open and now handing the match over without resistance... it's very simple.

This year isn't his.

Wimbledon got cancelled. Must be forgotten as the worst year ever.

Back
Top Bottom