• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3950x Owners thread

Associate
Up to 200Mhz higher clock speeds and 8 extra cores/16 threads to do other stuff while a game is running. :)
That's on the 5950X, which I understand because that also has 8 core CCXs. But the presentation talked up the 5900X for gaming. I thought it was less for gaming than the chips either side of it!

Soldato
Ryzen 9 3900x in my VM server is going to get sold, Ryzen 9 3950x out my gaming HTPC is going to be put in there. Gaming HTPC is going to be upgraded to the 5950X.

Yes, Im going to be that guy running an 5950X with an Geforce RTX 3090.....PURELY FOR GAMING!!!!! Yes...you read that right! :p

Soldato
That's on the 5950X, which I understand because that also has 8 core CCXs. But the presentation talked up the 5900X for gaming. I thought it was less for gaming than the chips either side of it!

Then you didn't watch the whole video properly, Lisa clearly said the 5950x was the best gaming CPU. As it stands at the moment, i take her word for it until benchies are put in the public domain.

Back
Top Bottom