Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Grujic has just joined Porto on loan. We had too many non home grown over 21 year olds so he couldn't have been registered in our 25 man squad.

Would be a bit of a step down for Wilson to leave. Can't see him moving to Portugal, which only leaves the Championship.

A step down from not playing?

He has to do something imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
January's only a couple of months away now. Wait until then and get a PL club or join a Championship side for the season?

Genuine question as i dont see it often or at all. Can he not do a two month loan? Surely he's better off getting some games...especially with the Euros next summer.

Don
Genuine question as i dont see it often or at all. Can he not do a two month loan? Surely he's better off getting some games...especially with the Euros next summer.
He can go on loan until January but he then cannot play for another club. You're allowed to be registered to 3 clubs during a season but you cannot play for more than 2. Wilson played in the League Cup so if he goes on loan now he would then need special permission to join and play for a 3rd club in January.

Don
Is it true that Liverpool are in for Butland? What a truly horrendous decision. He cannot handle the pressure of playing for Stoke let alone a Prem team. He’s been a travesty and probably worse than Karius and Adrian put together in the past two seasons!

Soldato
18/19 he got 18 clean sheets, the same as Dean Henderson. He was dropped after a mistake at thr start of last so barely played. I think thats a little harsh.

Caporegime
Error prone, can't play with his feet, doesn't leave his line and not wanted by most EFL teams. Absolutely the keeper we need to come in and rectify our tactical issues.

As bad as Adrian was in our Villa defeat, he had nothing to do with that result and saved us far more times than he failed us.

Don
Don
Wilson looks set to join Cardiff on loan and in slightly surprising news Harvey Elliott looks like he's off to Blackburn for the season too. As I saw one journo say, with Shaqiri staying and no League Cup football, it's difficult for Elliott to get any game time if he stays.

@McBain how do Blackburn play these days? Is a tricky little playmaker like Eliiott going to properly fit into your side or will he be chasing long balls for 90 mins?

Don
Blackburn looked good when I saw them last season, seemed to keep the ball on the ground. Bielsa had a lot of respect for big Tony M so they must be doing something right.
They've just taken Douglas off us at left back, that's a really good signing, injuries hampered him with us but he still looked great at times.

Wilson to Cardiff is a weird one, I thought he'd have got a low league Prem team.

Caporegime
Most Liverpool loan players have minimum play time clauses, I know Wilson had one at Bournemouth last season and if he didn’t play enough games there was a financial penalty. Perhaps no Prem club wanted that?

Caporegime
Wilson looks set to join Cardiff on loan and in slightly surprising news Harvey Elliott looks like he's off to Blackburn for the season too. As I saw one journo say, with Shaqiri staying and no League Cup football, it's difficult for Elliott to get any game time if he stays.

@McBain how do Blackburn play these days? Is a tricky little playmaker like Eliiott going to properly fit into your side or will he be chasing long balls for 90 mins?

He should do alright we actually play some pretty decent stuff nowadays, at least going forward. Once we get Dack back that will help as he’s probably our most talented attacking player.

Don
Most Liverpool loan players have minimum play time clauses, I know Wilson had one at Bournemouth last season and if he didn’t play enough games there was a financial penalty. Perhaps no Prem club wanted that?
It would have been harder to find a suitable PL side to loan him to. He's the type of player that needs to play in an attacking side, not a lower PL side that sits deep and tries to counter attack. And had Shaq left, like was expected, I'm sure he'd have stayed with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom