16 to 34 year olds in the UK watch 46 minutes of YouTube per day.

Capodecina
Soldato
YouTube’s UK boss (Ben McOwen Wilson) has said his platform is more representative of modern Britain than broadcasters such as the BBC, saying that television channels are falling behind because they do not provide material that speaks directly to all parts of the country.

The Google-owned video service is on the cusp of overtaking the BBC as the dominant media source for 16- to 34-year-olds in the UK, with the average adult internet user watching 46 minutes of YouTube per day.

Its growing dominance of the UK media market has focused government attention on the site’s impact on traditional broadcast outlets and whether it should have similar public service obligations to traditional television channels. (LINK)
What are these 16 to 34 year olds watching?

Personally I only really find it essential for advice on DIY type tasks. What do you watch on YouTube?

Associate
Ufc, bad driving videos and tech stuff. The pc geek stuff is annoying though, especially that gamermeld bloke......that voice grates

8 out of ten cats and Mtb videos (crazy ********), epic fails, epic wins etc

Last edited:
Soldato
What are these 16 to 34 year olds watching?

Personally I only really find it essential for advice on DIY type tasks. What do you watch on YouTube?

Me + GF usually watch 30-60mins of YouTube each day on the TV in bedroom before going to sleep. There's probably only 10-15 channels that we watch but between them there's usually a couple of new 15-20 minute videos each day. We watch:
Rock climbing - bouldering bobat, bouldering dabrats, Dave macLeod, Magnus Mitbo, Rock Entry, Robbie Phillips, Paul Robinson
Blacksmithing - Alec Steele
Cooking - Cowboy Kent Rollins, French guy cooking
Science/Tech - Steve Mould, Tom Scott, bigclive

I also watch a few channels on my own because GF doesn't like them:
AvE, This Old Tony, LockPickingLawyer, The Post Apocalypic Inventor.

Caporegime
Joe Rogan experience some of them last 4 hours per session.

Bald and bankrupt - travel blogs
Harald baldr - travel blogs
Simon Wilson - travel blogs

Karl rock - India blogs

Jeff browning - scammer bids

Virre csgo - csgo montages

Dw documentary - documentaries
Vice - documentaries

Oxford union - debates and talks from all sorts of people from Brendan Rodgers to Tommy Robinson.

Spice eats - cooking
Cooking shooking - cooking

Bt sport, sky sport and UFC - sport highlights and full UFC fights

Cobra Kai - karate kid series
Origin - new series don't know what it's about. Space themed.

Probably a ton more. That's all I can remember just now.

Open goal - a must watch for Scottish football it's a podcast type show

Dr beau hightower
Sparkles
3kliksphilip
Beard meats food
Gordon Ramsay
Paul chowdry
Kevin bridges

Last edited:
Soldato
watch music videos with my bottle of wine ,headphones in , been doing this for years ,really enjoy
Tips on fixing things ,fitted a brake light switch last week ,so much easier after watching a tutorial
Surfing vids ,motoring vids ,Camino vids
Spend a lot of time on it tbh

Soldato
The only two things I watch on there: Super GT, which is live with English commentary at about 6am on about eight Sundays a year. And then Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, because some kind soul has uploaded the entire four series and special as the DVD uncut episodes. Sometimes watch a Periodic Videos upload, but rarely anything else.

Car project restorations/restomods at the moment. Massive fan of "Restore It" as they don't chat nonsense over it, so it's soothing and calm to watch them rebuild cars and engines. They're doing an E30 M3 at the moment: https://www.youtube.com/c/RestoreIt

On the flip side to that AvE, JayZ2Cents, GamersNexus, Binging with Babish, Primative Technology and this dude who makes scale models of stuff. Again another no speaking just doing channel of win.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bkonstant

Caporegime
A few things I watch.

Tech stuff
Console gaming ie Destiny is a game I’m quite involved in so watch a lot of creator videos etc
A few comedy videos ie key and peele at the moment are my favourites.
Aviation videos ie cockpit videos and airport vids etc.

That’s really about it

Soldato
And 16-34 wonder WTF older folks are watching for up to 6 HOURS PER DAY on average on broadcast TV:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/269918/daily-tv-viewing-time-in-the-uk-by-age/

Personally, at 38, I watch probably about an hour per day of YT. Though most of that is listened to more than watched (podcast-style content).

And I watch 0 minutes per day of broadcast tv, except on Saturdays where I watch evening TV with the family.

Soldato
well from what I can gather they're regularly watching you-**** but it ain't always youtube.

My youtube? Music videos, tutorials in various software/music tuition, DIY as people have said, and tech stuff. Occasionally sport or trying to find old TV clips/adverts etc. The latter usually for a pubquiz question or to prove I'm not going mad when I talk about something other people can't remember.

Soldato
I stream a lot of it in the minibus driving. (should add music that is not video :p)
26ML5F.jpg

Back
Top Bottom