• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

TrM

TrM

Associate
Why on gods earth did you sell in August?

I sold my 2080ti in august also:) wanted to do it before the nvidia announcement. I paid 1k for my 2080ti at launch sold it for 890£ on a1 pound selling weekend. Had a rx 580 as backup no real games I wanted and only lost 100£ for a good year and half usage of my 2080ti.

got my 3080 and some money towards my 5900x upgrade selling early before event always gives more money back

Associate
IMO as a costumers with an order already paid, we need a bit more info about incoming delivery or shipments to hold the frustration and keep the patience.

Associate
Appreciated pal, highest on there thus far is 19, certainly like those odds better than 1734 for the TUF, If it wasn't for the fact my system is all black I would have considered the vision card.

You are welcome mate. I think MSI, ASUS and the Gigabyte cards have pretty big queues at the moment.

Soldato
I sold my 2080ti in august also:) wanted to do it before the nvidia announcement. I paid 1k for my 2080ti at launch sold it for 890£ on a1 pound selling weekend. Had a rx 580 as backup no real games I wanted and only lost 100£ for a good year and half usage of my 2080ti.

got my 3080 and some money towards my 5900x upgrade selling early before event always gives more money back
Me and you are in different universes... i would have kept a 2080ti for 4 years.

Associate
just asking to see if anyone may know better than me, anyone know anything about the aurous master/xtreme cards im 156 but wondering if anyone knows when OC may get stock of them in? thanks

Associate
So I’m looking at early next year if it carries on like this,
Would the gigabyte vision card be a better option if that que is low if I cancelled tomorrow and ordered that ?

really can’t wait very long as I am cardless and apart from buying a new cpu I am ready to build my new rig.

Associate
Associate
The Master is allegedly shipping this week and the Xtreme next (possibly week after.....), and im gonna lay money on it that OC dont get more than 10 in at a time, you have more chance getting a 20gb 3080 or the Big Navi2 before a Aorus card, im 25th in line for the xtreme and suspect Ill be canceling to order BigNavi before my Aorus card ships.. I placed my Order on launch day soon as the website allowed it so one of the first... A month later not a single xtreme card been shipped.

@GIGA-Man commented in the Aorus thread last week - I'm interpreting his word to mean probably around the 28th Oct for the first batch of Xtreme's to hit OC - I would be amazed if that was more than 10 - he said next delivery would be maybe 2 weeks after that - more volume - what that means in terms of units - flip a coin

Associate
Those of you looking for an update on which cards have shipped since the queue emails went out on the 2nd might find it useful to look at the Unofficial Update I posted yesterday. Every shipment we're aware of was listed there.

Then the order have to be placed before me on the same day between 12:00 - 12:30 not on 4th Oct like you wrote, unless you meant to says that the spreadsheet has been filled on 4th then that would line up with official queue.

@Mr Oblong If they hadn't have any chips then what the point of making extra pcbs, shrouds and packaging?

Unfortunately since the spreadsheet just shows what people have filled into it there are a number of clearly dodgy values in there, plus one or two that have been verified to be OC's fault. The last two entries for the no-OC TUF look dodgy to me, both lower than the previous one. Latest entry I trust is 1972 at 19:40 on the 1st, which I think lines up pretty well with your numbers. You could add your own data to help outweigh the dodgy stuff.

I've had an email accepting my order but never one telling me a position in queue ?

The only general email that has gone out was sent on the 2nd over a week ago. Further emails are (well, should be) sent after a shipment of whatever card type you've ordered goes out. They unfortunately don't seem to be sending positions to new orders automatically, only when the queue moves, so you'll either have to wait, or make a guess based on the spreadsheet. OC's support staff also don't seem to have access to the system that sends the emails and the shipping staff are using, at least from what I've heard, so they can apparently only give best guesses.

the email I got on the 29th September was the last time they had a batch of the msi cards?

Might as well cancel my order as I was 1250 on that date

30 Trios went out on the 29th (and the queue email, while dated the 29th, didn't actually got out till the 2nd). There were 50+ MSI 3080 Ventus last week (plus maybe 20 3090 Ventus), so MSI shipments are coming, they just seem to be alternating between Trios and Ventus, at least for the last few (obviously I may be wrong about that... will have to see what the next week or two bring). While your position isn't great MSI so far seem to be getting the most cards to OC.

just asking to see if anyone may know better than me, anyone know anything about the aurous master/xtreme cards im 156 but wondering if anyone knows when OC may get stock of them in? thanks

Some Masters went out last week. Don't think we've seen any movement on the xtreme yet, and definately none since the 2nd when the queue came out. Not enough data to know if that means anything though.

Ordered my asus tuf oc late on the 18th first email position was 321 , second email I moved up to 305 ☹️ 15 places in two weeks classs or what ‍♂️

And most of those 15 are cancellations. The front of the queue confirmed that only 8 (or possibly 7) cards actually shipped! Hopefully shipments speed up or it'll be a while.

So I’m looking at early next year if it carries on like this,
Would the gigabyte vision card be a better option if that que is low if I cancelled tomorrow and ordered that ?

really can’t wait very long as I am cardless and apart from buying a new cpu I am ready to build my new rig.

Vision will be a shorter queue than the TUF, but maybe ASUS ship faster. I'd think of the two the back of the Vision queue is likely better than where you are now for the TUF, but it has also likely grown since we all started noticing how short it is on Thursday. I doubt it is more than a few hundred now, but still might take an age. Zotac Trinity OC also has a shorter queue and we know some have shipped. Honestly if cancelling and going with something else I'd call on monday and ask them what they think is the best choice.

Associate
I got TUF for temperatures and the price. I also need to wait.

I did the same with the Tuf I liked the look, decent reviews of the OC so I knew the non Oc would still be good, cooling also looked great, the cost wasn't so much the concern although I am now absolutley paying a premium now :eek::eek:

I was hoping it would arrive before the next Navi card release as a I have a5700xt to shift.

Associate
So here i am. Long time observer of this thread and the one previous and still havnt ordered a GPU. As each day passes the queues get bigger and I dont know I've made right decision or not. Initially skipping the 3080 hoping for a better 3090 - that turned out to be my first wrong move. When I looked back at the 3080 queues it became clear the more popular cards ran into the 1000's. So inevitably feel there's no point joining one now and will have to keep my eyes open for random stock elsewhere. I can't recall a time when its so hard to part with £700+! Anyways the wait continues.

My reasoning for getting on the tail end of a 2000+ queue for a Gigabyte Eagle instead of trying to get lucky and randomly picking up a card somewhere is that since Overclockers have sold 2000+ cards before even getting them its my hunch they'll be prioritised by suppliers over a high street store when cards become available. At least OC'ers can say to their suppliers we need X amount of cards because they're all already paid for.

Also, I'm more of an optimist than some people here. I think once manufacturing picks up it'll ramp up quickly. I don't believe in any of conspiracy theories going about. The most mundane reason I've heard for their being a logistical shortage of cards is probably the right one. Sales of the 2000 series cards shot up over lockdown and Nvidea had to keep production of those chips high over the Summer and it over ran into the production of 3080 chips. Thus less production bandwidth.

Associate
My reasoning for getting on the tail end of a 2000+ queue for a Gigabyte Eagle instead of trying to get lucky and randomly picking up a card somewhere is that since Overclockers have sold 2000+ cards before even getting them its my hunch they'll be prioritised by suppliers over a high street store when cards become available. At least OC'ers can say to their suppliers we need X amount of cards because they're all already paid for.

Also, I'm more of an optimist than some people here. I think once manufacturing picks up it'll ramp up quickly. I don't believe in any of conspiracy theories going about. The most mundane reason I've heard for their being a logistical shortage of cards is probably the right one. Sales of the 2000 series cards shot up over lockdown and Nvidea had to keep production of those chips high over the Summer and it over ran into the production of 3080 chips. Thus less production bandwidth.

And what is the most mudane reason you've heard?

I think we've pinned this down to a WW shortage of PCB circuit boards caused by 5G uptake, this is currently the only component shortage at the present time, so it probably is that. 5G demand isn't going away so either production quantity goes up or Nvidia have to take some from 5G or things stay as they are!

Back
Top Bottom