Warm, smart indoor clothing?

Soldato
Dressing just to look formal and smart for your colleagues benefit is antiquated and ridiculous. Granted if it's a customer facing role or you're doing some form of public speaking then fair enough. Otherwise just be comfortable and presentable.

If I had colleagues who felt the need to have a call about my attire then I would be in the wrong business.
Oh sorry I forgot to add. :p

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Yeah you keep telling yourself that while your colleagues have a seperate zoom meeting to talk about your inappropriate attire.

Oops!

I'm not sure how trackie bottoms (which you can't see anyway) and a fleece top is inappropriate attire. It's a teleconference, not dinner with the Queen.

Hopefully that's another thing that's had it's nail in it's coffin as a result of all this - that how you dress has zero relevance to your performance.

Soldato
I'm not sure how trackie bottoms (which you can't see anyway) and a fleece top is inappropriate attire. It's a teleconference, not dinner with the Queen.

Hopefully that's another thing that's had it's nail in it's coffin as a result of all this - that how you dress has zero relevance to your performance.
I dont even put the camera on.

Associate
There is a growing pressure culture that if you don't have your camera on - seen as a rebel.

There are some peeps who participate Zoom; Man, they look immaculate, I look rugged. :p

So now I only switch on camera after assessing my competition. ;)

Camera on is just a better form of communication vs no camera. I actively encourage people to turn on cameras when I'm running workshops. I think it's a fair expectation that you should be turning your camera on and actively engaging.

Man of Honour
Dressing just to look formal and smart for your colleagues benefit is antiquated and ridiculous. Granted if it's a customer facing role or you're doing some form of public speaking then fair enough. Otherwise just be comfortable and presentable.

If I had colleagues who felt the need to have a call about my attire then I would be in the wrong business.
We do lots of things in society that are antiquated and ridiculous, that doesn't stop them from being considered important.

Permabanned
Why do people think nano puff looks cool it is rubbish, Mine tore in the first wash and the threads started to come out. And as a eco company it came from vietnam to patagonia EU, To the UK skishop then to me and i returned it to the skishop who sent it to Patagonia who probably sent it back to vietnam. Crazy!!! That jacket did some crazy air miles.

Sent an email to them about it, 40% off voucher and bought a load of nano air instead but for fishing not casual wear lol.

Man of Honour
Soldato
A nice fitted cashmere blend jumper, either v-neck or crew over a shirt, or crew only over t shirt, depending on the vibe you're after, will look smart enough surely, and if that's not warm enough you've got a real issue!

16597_k3m_navy_m_1.jpg

That would be more than smart enough for any WFH call I've been on (and I work in "big" law).

Last edited:

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Get a butane cabinet heater or put the heating on...

What's the point of working if you can't do with a basic necessity mankind has had since the stone age.

Back
Top Bottom