JLR vehicle subscription

Soldato
Not bad if you have the money to burn. Can't imagine they give you the best deal on insurance though and they'll probably bill you for any tiny marks when you return it.

Associate
So far I have never paid anything extra as I look after my cars. PCP gives you the option to buy. As I look after them i have bought them at the end before and as Fox says I can get a better car than I could have afforded otherwise. PCH can be good though, but PCP works best for me,

Soldato
What works for one person doesn’t for another. Some people want to run an owned car, others are happy to borrow one for a few years.
Also, shocker that cars with a high price cost more than 99p a month to rent.

£750 a month to use a new F-Pace or Evoque with servicing, road tax and insurance included doesn’t appear to be excessively over priced.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not saying it isn't believable, I'm saying it's absolute madness to sink that every month into that level of car.

I would have gone for an X5 but ticking the best option levels as I did with the X3 took the X5 to £108K

I don't need a drivers car. I need a comfy mobile office that I can get in and drive for 10+ hours After already doing a day in the office

Man of Honour
I would have gone for an X5 but ticking the best option levels as I did with the X3 took the X5 to £108K

This makes absolutely no sense.

There is no way a £108k X5, if such a thing even exists, is the same level of spec as a 50k X3. A basic X3 30d M Sport with zero optional equipment is virtually 50k.

Soldato
This makes absolutely no sense.

There is no way a £108k X5, if such a thing even exists, is the same level of spec as a 50k X3. A basic X3 30d M Sport with zero optional equipment is virtually 50k.

After ticking pretty much every box on the X3. Had I done that on the X5 the price was about £108K

A quick example (Probably not the most accurate as it was 2 years ago now). The best seat upgrade on the X3 was about £1200 the best seat upgrade on the X5 was about £6500. I didnt say same spec, I said best option levels. (engine aside)

Man of Honour
After ticking pretty much every box on the X3.

Which you have clearly not done if it was only 50k. Even if you pick the bottom of the range engine you only need a few options to hit 50k.

An M Sport 20d with wheel upgrade, metallic paint and tech pack is 50k. That's it, a whole 3 boxes ticked.

What did you add?

The best seat upgrade on the X3 was about £1200 the best seat upgrade on the X5 was about £6500. I didnt say same spec, I said best option levels. (engine aside)

This is totally irrelevant though. The X5 30d probably comes as standard with the seats you'd pay for in an X3 and the 6500 quid seat upgrade for an X5 will be far better. You just can't compare like that.

Soldato
Which you have clearly not done if it was only 50k. Even if you pick the bottom of the range engine you only need a few options to hit 50k.

An M Sport 20d with wheel upgrade, metallic paint and tech pack is 50k. That's it, a whole 3 boxes ticked.

What did you add?

From my original enquiry email

Sophisto grey

Visibility pack

Tech pack,

Comfort pack

M sport plus pack

Driving Assistant plus

Parking assistant pack

Adaptive suspension

Electric seats and memory function

Lumbar support

Galvanised controls.

This is totally irrelevant though. The X5 30d probably comes as standard with the seats you'd pay for in an X3 and the 6500 quid seat upgrade for an X5 will be far better. You just can't compare like that.

But its not irrelevant and I can and in fact did compare them.

I wanted the max spec I could. If £1200 seats where the best in the X3 Id have them If the best seats in the X5 were £6500 I would have had them. If they had been an option in the X3 Chances are I would have specced them too. I wasn't comparing like for like. I was comparing what the best I could get in each vehicle.

Man of Honour
But if the best is different how is it comparable?

The X5 has memory seats as standard. The upgraded seat options are far more comprehensive than those in the X3. What you pay for in the X3 is what you get included stock with the X5. Therefore the existence of super upgraded seats on an X5 is irrelevant, you can't get them on an X3.

It's like saying you'd need to spend £140k on an M5 to get the same 'level' as a 15k Dacia Logan.

Back
Top Bottom