The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Soldato
That was more like it; bit of banter, plenty of car stuff.

Gutted for the Diablo owner although I guess that is the risk you take loaning your car out. I spotted the other two only had twenty something thousand miles on them. I assume the Diablo was a prime example too. It did highlight how fiesty those old supercars must be in the wet!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I might be on the wrong thread, but seeing Clarkson in tears on The Grand Tour the other day reminded me of how Flintoff, McGuiness and Harris are usurping fakes.
There's new GT episode out?!?!

Or are you talking about one of the old episodes? ...

Caporegime
Much better than last week although that was dire so I wasn’t expecting this to be worse!

Entertaining and interesting, enjoyed this week, hopefully the trajectory stays upward...

Soldato
Wasn't too bad an episode but it still needs work it's getting too much like Paddy's dating 'show' now with all the catchphrases being forced, another week of oh look we're on BBC1 now too.

I feel for the person who lent them the Diablo that's going to be one massive bill to get fixed right if it can be.

Didn't find the whole smash into the RS that funny either, Chris was trying to keep that as good as possible.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I wonder, if Chris would have attempted the 200mph challenge if it wasn't for Paddy's crash? He seems to appreciate/respect rare cars more than the other two, so might of not not mattered if the crash happened or not?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
More like the owner didn't give permission for a 200mph run in the F40
That F40 looks the same, as the one from the video I posted last week. He told him to drive it hard with no restraints lol

I guess could be a different owner now considering that video was from 2013, so yeah kind of makes sense...

Caporegime
Most oil systems will deal with over 1G laterally. as soon as the car starts going up the wall the problem becomes less of an issue, much like a bike when it leans.

Soldato
I wonder, if Chris would have attempted the 200mph challenge if it wasn't for Paddy's crash? He seems to appreciate/respect rare cars more than the other two, so might of not not mattered if the crash happened or not?

The F40 only had a max speed of 201 so would have struggled to reach that on the runway. The Xj200 is a Don Law car and not standard, so running more than the stock 550bhp. Despite its size it's a surprisingly light car, only around 100kg heavier than the F40, and even with well over 100bhp extra still struggled to reach 200.

Soldato
Really enjoyed the last two episodes, think the 3 of them are gelling well and it shows.

Such a shame for the Diablo owner, looked like every panel was damaged. Imagine though that it will be shipped back to Lamborghini for an extensive restoration, so not all bad...

Back
Top Bottom