• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Mines going on it's side, but I took the back out of the cabinet so it should have plenty of ventilation!
I already took the back out of mine as it was making my xb1x sound like a hairdryer, it made a difference as I could feel the heat venting out the back and up the wall, but it still got very toasty in there (I always leave the door open when in use)
My concern is it has been stated the series x still pumps out heat when in standby (to be fair my xb1x felt hot in standby as well) this would be a worry with the doors closed overnight etc, i can see myself getting a small stand to put it on.....or am I being paranoid :confused:

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I already took the back out of mine as it was making my xb1x sound like a hairdryer, it made a difference as I could feel the heat venting out the back and up the wall, but it still got very toasty in there (I always leave the door open when in use)
My concern is it has been stated the series x still pumps out heat when in standby (to be fair my xb1x felt hot in standby as well) this would be a worry with the doors closed overnight etc, i can see myself getting a small stand to put it on.....or am I being paranoid :confused:

Ah I don't have doors on mine, so it's constantly circulating air.

I would assume the new Xbox would only keep pumping out heat if you leave that connected standby switched on in the settings. It would be odd if it still was kicking out any kind of significant heat if you turn that standby option off, it should do a full shutdown. It's also not as if it takes a long while to boot up from scratch now anyway

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, that's probably no real reason to leave it in standby unless you were downloading games. The cold boot time is around 20 seconds and the games will be in quick resume mode so just another 10 odd seconds to get playing again!

Soldato
In my IKEA TV unit, it's open front but closed back. I bought a pair of infinity usb powered 120mm fans and cut holes in the back of the cabinet and mounted them. When the av receiver turns on and off, so do the fans. It's keeps everything under control.

Soldato
Random question but my soundbar has pretty much gone pop and I need a replacement. Does the soundbar also need to support HDMI 2.1 if I'm planning on getting a 4k 120hz HDMI 2.1 TV somewhere down the line? I don't really want to buy a soundbar that is already redundant. Any advice appreciated.

Soldato
Random question but my soundbar has pretty much gone pop and I need a replacement. Does the soundbar also need to support HDMI 2.1 if I'm planning on getting a 4k 120hz HDMI 2.1 TV somewhere down the line? I don't really want to buy a soundbar that is already redundant. Any advice appreciated.

If you buy a hdmi 2.1 TV it should have E-ARC. That'll let the TV use HDMI 2.1 features for video and then use a hdmi from TV to the sound bar rather than using passthrough (if that makes sense!).

Soldato
Already got a series x preordered but currently looking at getting a series s for another room with a 1080p screen, the thing looks great.

Soldato
My One X is in a cabinet and I have never heard it other than disk noise. My cabinet is open front with rear ventilation too. Hopefully the Series X will be ok in there although I can see the side venting of the heat could cause issues. I might get a small usb fan and place it at the rear to help blow the hot air out the front of the cabinet rather than it circulating around in the cabinet.

Man of Honour
Mine will be sat on a table next to the TV bench. Plenty of ventilation :)

People forget how powerful these pieces of hardware are now, of course they are going to pump out heat.

Back
Top Bottom