The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Soldato
Black Noir still under used which is a shame especially considering Antony Starrs words in an interview were "oh if you like black noir you're gonna love series 2" the entire season I was waiting for him to be a baddass and it never came.

Not watched the last ep yet but not expecting much.

Quite a disappointing season. Borderline boring with too much filler.

Yea, it was almost 6 episodes of filler and 2 good ones at the end.

Last edited:
Soldato
I enjoyed the last episode. Good season maybe didn’t hit the heights of season 1 but that might have been more to do with novelty.

The ending felt a bit like a reset, they have the opportunity to bring the show a bit more back to the premise of the comic. Getting rid of wife and child removes a few problems from Butchers motivation[\spoiler]

Butcher is still wrong, I like Urban’s character but Billy Butcher he ain’t.

What’s with being bullet proof but not stab proof?

Soldato
I thought it was great throughout.

Only real downer was the feeling of everything neatly wrapping up in the last episode, and the S3 teeing off points laid out.

It felt less like a finale, and more like a trailer.

But, certainly, I'm really looking forward tomorrow. It's a shame it'll, presumably, be a really long wait.

Soldato
I enjoyed the last episode. Good season maybe didn’t hit the heights of season 1 but that might have been more to do with novelty.

The ending felt a bit like a reset, they have the opportunity to bring the show a bit more back to the premise of the comic. Getting rid of wife and child removes a few problems from Butchers motivation[\spoiler]

Butcher is still wrong, I like Urban’s character but Billy Butcher he ain’t.

What’s with being bullet proof but not stab proof?
Apparantly in the comics they are always worried about protecting their eyes. Just a weak spot I guess, I mean push the rubber on the end of a pencil into the skin on your arm, then try it on your eyeball.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Loved every episode, even 1-3 that people have a problem with. Episode 1 was a great welcome back to the show, ep2 maybe a little slower, then ep3 with the whale carnage.

Finale could have been final, with the way butcher ignored her and walked away. But then the reveal of her and all the questions that come with it. If it had been Edgar, then we would know his intentions and case closed.

10/10 for this show. Definitely the one I look forward to most, more than the expanse now.

Soldato
The first few episodes were pretty slow. I hope they limit this series to 3 or 4 seasons, I think it will start to run out of steam / lose its shock value otherwise.

Man of Honour
Finished the series and enjoyed it. Plot seemed a bit inconsistent and somewhat all over the place.... so many opportunities where Homelander or whoever could just destroy everyone at a whim! However, the comedy and violence pulls it through. Unashamedly childish in that sense and brilliant.

I do love The Deep. He’s just too good.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Has it been confirmed that Black Noir is dead? I’m usually of the opinion that “unless you see a corpse they’ll be back”, but Maeve, Starlight and Homelander were present at the final press conference so it seems to suggest he’s definitely gone :(

Back
Top Bottom