16 to 34 year olds in the UK watch 46 minutes of YouTube per day.

Soldato
Glad someone else watches Harald and Bald.

Absolutely love Harald Baldr's video. Guy is awesome. Me and the wife just loving watching his shopping videos find them so relaxing. His India one's especially the Desi Ru hunt are the best. Don't really like Bald as a person (has a very dodgy background if you look into him) but his videos are cool. Enjoyed the recent ones they did together with Simon in Mexico

I am going to have to see why Bald is dodgy haha. Enjoy his, Harald and Simona videos but bald does seem a bit strange compared to the other 2.

Also been watching Uncle Roger.

I bet I could watch a few hours in a day but I don't watch YouTube everyday.

Soldato
F4MN1NW.jpg

YouTube is all I watch, not interested in anything on normal TV.

My most watched subs:
Linus Tech Tips/short-circuit/tech linked etc
Jayz2cents
Gamers Nexus
Adoredtv
Matt Lowne
Bus grease monkey
Jonathan W
Waylon Wire's old iron
Big Clive
AvE
Bald and bankrupt
CurioisMarc
Flightdeck2sim
Frooglesim
MKBHD
The Proper People
Squirrel
Scott Manley
Dr. becky
Master milo
Mr carlsons lab
Eevblog
Lock picking lawyer
Zip ties n bias plies
Vice grip garage
Teching tech

The list goes on. Youtube is amazing, so much quality content to match my interests exactly. With premium the only ads are the baked in ones, and skipping forward is easy enough.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I basically watch YouTube like some people might watch tv. However, I do listen to meditation music overnight which skews the average somewhat. Honest :p

Caporegime
I can't check mine in the app sadly because I play ambient sound videos to help me sleep. (I can get to sleep quicker if im listening to something other than silence)

So it says 12 hours a day average. :p

Associate
I don't think I dare check how much watch time I have per day/week. There's genuinely some good content on youtube before I even get to the 'pass the time guff' like lets plays.

My time sucks list:

Joe Scott
Tom Scott
Mark Weins
Scott Manley
Jazza
Michael Reeves
MKBHD
LTT
Smarter Everyday
Veritasium
Everyday Astronaut
Real Engineering
Screen Junkies
HISHE
Simone Giertz
Mark Rober
Curious Droid
How Ridiculous
Dr Becky.

Caporegime
Personally I only really find it essential for advice on DIY type tasks. What do you watch on YouTube?[/QUOTE]
random stuff that peaks my interest I've been watching a lot of AvE even though I have little interest in engineering or tools

the youtube algorithm is terrible though imo 95% of the videos it suggests to me are ones I watched years ago or stuff I would never watch.

I got tired of clicking "not interested" and " don't recommend this channel" it makes no difference I just get even more crap I have to do the same to it's a never ending cycle of crap.

the search feature is crap as well it seems to only show the same videos in a list repeating even though there must be thousands and thousands of videos with a tittle that matches your search youtube only wants to let you watch certain ones that suit their metrics

Soldato
I can easily watch 1-2 hours a day, my subs include

Travel...

Kara & Nate
Lost LeBlanc
Simon Wilson
The endless adventure

Cooking...

SORTEDFood
Molecule-R
Institute of Culinary Education

Tech...

Watchfinder & Co
Linus tech tips
Mr Whostheboss
Iphonedo
Marques Brownlee

Cars...

Doug DeMuro
Carwow
MatWatsonCars
Carthrottle

DJ vlogs

Crossfader
DJCity
Club ready DJ school
DJ Carlo Atendido
Digital DJ Tips

General vlogs

Casey Neistat
Peter McKinnon
Producer Michael
Adam Swords

Man of Honour
I'm 40. Channels I regularly watch are :

Bald and Bankrupt (travel & people, mainly ex-USSR)
The Food Ranger (food, mostly Malaysia & the far east)
Best Ever Food Review Show (food, more of a proper "TV show" than most of the other channels I watch)
SOUP (amateur classic car restoration)
Hambini (engineering)

There are lots of other things I watch on YouTube but those are the primary channels I return to.

Last edited:
Soldato
47hrs over the last week.

All because I listen to music in the background while WFH. I do watch quite a bit from my subscriptions after work too. But during the day it's music for 7-8hrs that adds up to the total

Soldato
52 mins a day average for me. I probably watch half of that actual TV programming.

Watching quite a range of stuff but a lot of Golf at the moment.

Caporegime
I can easily watch 1-2 hours a day, my subs include

Travel...

Kara & Nate
Lost LeBlanc
Simon Wilson
The endless adventure

Cooking...

SORTEDFood
Molecule-R
Institute of Culinary Education

Tech...

Watchfinder & Co
Linus tech tips
Mr Whostheboss
Iphonedo
Marques Brownlee

Cars...

Doug DeMuro
Carwow
MatWatsonCars
Carthrottle

DJ vlogs

Crossfader
DJCity
Club ready DJ school
DJ Carlo Atendido
Digital DJ Tips

General vlogs

Casey Neistat
Peter McKinnon
Producer Michael
Adam Swords

This is like my own sub.....

Apart from all the DJ & Cooking stuff. Especially Kara & Nate, watched them from Day 1 as their journey coincide with my research into Japan a few years ago and that was their first stop...they were massive noobs then in travelling, so green. I find Lost LeBlanc okay, some videos are good, some he still quite ameteurish in what he knows (vs my own knowledge and experience of the same places). His videos are very well put together though.

But generally I'd go through my subs when i get home from work, it can easily last an hour to 2 hours depending what they have released. I don't watch every single video people release.

Associate
Averaged nearly 50hrs last week but that is three people using the same account and my wife uses it for music for a good few hours a day.

Youtube has something for everyone and reading through the posts here looks like many of us have a very broad selection of channels we follow.

Man of Honour
Damn I need to up my numbers, only on 9 hours.

tenor.gif

Permabanned
Youtube has the largest amount of documentarys online. The netflix generation watch that, I watch non stop educational things when i get the chance. My regret is i did not save it all.

This year alone, Watched 691 documentarys at an average of 1hr each and some 3hr long and 397 on ny watch list. It is not all history stuff though Jeremy Wade river monsters will today consume 1hr 30mins.

Love it, But despise the comment censoring they are at they are making YT a great platform to pull everyone in and then bend the comments to only show the narrative they want. Like all Social media Facebook Google and Youtube and Twitter are all at it and the same people are behind it.

Back
Top Bottom