JLR vehicle subscription

Soldato
But if the best is different how is it comparable?

The X5 has memory seats as standard. The upgraded seat options are far more comprehensive than those in the X3. What you pay for in the X3 is what you get included stock with the X5. Therefore the existence of super upgraded seats on an X5 is irrelevant, you can't get them on an X3.

It's like saying you'd need to spend £140k on an M5 to get the same 'level' as a 15k Dacia Logan.

I said I compared them I didn't say they were comparable.

You've just compared a Dacia to an M5. Are they comparable. No. But you can still compare them.

Even though you could spec them the same. Having a top of the range X3 (tick box wise) made more sense to me than a bottom of the range X5 (engines aside) for similar money

Had I gone for the X5 I would have chosen the best seats i could, Just like I think I did with the X3. Whats the point in speccing an X5 down the X3 level. Unless its badge snobbery

Soldato
Whats the point in speccing an X5 down the X3 level. Unless its badge snobbery

You just as equally argue, what's the point of speccing up an X3 to match basic X5 level, if not for badge snobbery? :p

Alternatively, why not get an X1 and have even more MAX OPTIONS? :p

Soldato
Must agree with the previous sentiments regarding the £700 p/m X3 :o My fully loaded Velar costs less than that on a 2 year personal lease.

With regards to the vehicle subscription service, horses for courses and all that; IMO, completely excessive and unnecessary cost, why pay the premium just to swap a car every 6 months. Unwarranted vanity.

Saying that, I do lease. It makes more financial sense to me to have that premium brand warranty. I require the car(s) for high mileage business use, showing up to customer premises, it makes a difference. If anything goes wrong, BMW or JLR assist come to my doorstep and repair the car.

I've owned used Audis and BMWs in the past, I've lost a fortune on them both in residuals and repair costs.

Soldato
What's the point in speccng either BMW when the volvo XC60/90 are nicer places to be :p:p

We looked at them, but the build time was too long. The warranty was running out on the Merc and after having 3 Diffs in 3 years I wasn't going to run without a warranty.

Must agree with the previous sentiments regarding the £700 p/m X3 :o My fully loaded Velar costs less than that on a 2 year personal lease.
Previous experience had put me off JLR.

Soldato
This isn't a benefit of leasing though it's a benefit of warranty. I have this on my 5 series which I bought used at a year old and still have it 4 years later.

It's all relative. Presumably you're referring to manufacturer extended warranty which has cost assosciated and particular terms?

Regardless, I appreciate the premium I pay for my situation. It's for business primarily, I keep a car maximum 2-3 years so having that shorter term on the lease with full warranty suits me perfectly vs other finance methods or buying outright.

Soldato
Previous experience had put me off JLR.

Oh I can certainly appreciate that, don't think I'll lease another :o 2 of my door handles have broken and before the latest firmware update, the entire UI within the car would randomly cut out. Don't think I've ever moaned about a car as much.

Soldato
Oh I can certainly appreciate that, don't think I'll lease another :o 2 of my door handles have broken and before the latest firmware update, the entire UI within the car would randomly cut out. Don't think I've ever moaned about a car as much.

See, Had you spent a bit more on an X3 you'd be laughing, Without any of those issues.

Regardless, I appreciate the premium I pay for my situation. It's for business primarily, I keep a car maximum 2-3 years so having that shorter term on the lease with full warranty suits me perfectly vs other finance methods or buying outright.

Same here. I'm happy to pay a bit more. The vehicle has to suit my needs and its the first car I've ever owned ( apart form my 3 CRX's 25 years ago) that I would happily order another at the end of the agreement.

Might go for the X7 though this time..

Man of Honour
I thought you were are car guy.. on what planet is a Renault capture the same as an x7

The same planet as a 2 litre diesel X3 with memory seats is the same as an X5 with M multi function contour seats with ventilation function and third row seating.

Soldato
The same planet as a 2 litre diesel X3 with memory seats is the same as an X5 with M multi function contour seats with ventilation function and third row seating.

Who said that was the same?

Just because I compared the two. Doesn't mean i thought they were the same..

Soldato
But you literally did. You compared the cost of upgrades as if they were the same upgrade
No i didn't. I compared top tier upgrades. Its obvious they aren't the same. But that doesn't mean that they can't factor into the purchase reasons.

I wanted the best I could get in each given model. There would be no point in comparing like for like, or you'd end up with the same car.

How come you can understand comparing an X3 to an X5 but can't get your head round differing options lists..

Man of Honour
. I compared top tier upgrades.

A meaningless exercise favoured by those who like phrases like 'FULLY LOADED'.

Who cares what 'tier' an upgrade is, all that matters is what that upgrade is. An X3 with the top seat option is nothing to do with an X5 with the top seat option. They are different cars and the option is different. An X5 is fitted as standard in M Sport form with better seats than the 'top tier' option on an X3.

Soldato
A meaningless exercise favoured by those who like phrases like 'FULLY LOADED'.

Who cares what 'tier' an upgrade is, all that matters is what that upgrade is. An X3 with the top seat option is nothing to do with an X5 with the top seat option. They are different cars and the option is different. An X5 is fitted as standard in M Sport form with better seats than the 'top tier' option on an X3.

And why am I not allowed to compare the two in the decision making process..

Soldato
It's just such a bizarre process to go through 'I won't compare the X3 and X5 at equivalent levels of spec because that's pointless, it's more useful to compare a £50k spec to a £100k spec'

Why would your decision be X3 with all options vs X5 with all options regardless of price, rather than best X3 that I can get for £50k vs best X5 I can get for £50k and see which car leaves you with the best spec?

You're essentially rejecting an X5 with similar equipment, just because it's a 'low tier' higher model, rather than a 'high tier' lower model.

Back
Top Bottom