***Official Apple October 13 @ 18:00 BST iPhone Reveal Thread***

Soldato
no touch id, if true, is a massive miss in our new mask wearing normal.

not sure why they did not adopt it given the Ipad Air implementation

Too late in the design phase to change it for masks?? I phones tent to have more protective cases. I think all the apple cases cover the lock button, leather, silicone and polycarb. They may consider it for next year though.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I prefer Face ID over Touch ID. Seems to work better for me. I’m on Touch ID at the moment with the 2020 SE and I won’t miss it.

FaceID is absolutely amazing and I wouldn't got back to a phone with touchID. I don't care that I have to type in my passcode a few times when I am buying something in a shop. The other 99% of the time matters more to me and faceID is amazing.

Its not even slower in shops most of the time as you are waiting for either a card reader or someone on the checkout to be ready for your phone so you just double tap the power button and stick in your passcode ready to go.

I still have an iPhone X and the other thing that would make me upgrade is if they have a 120hz display, USB-C connector and perhaps faster wireless charging. My X is fast enough, I don't care about having a slightly better camera or a slightly faster phone.

This is precisely why Apple moved to their crazy pricing and now offer so many lower grade options. Its hard to justify £1000 for a new iPhone even when your current one is 3 years old. There simply isn't enough of an improvement to make it worthwhile for the majority of people.

Soldato
Do we think they will announce the first silicone based mac at this event? I've got an insurance payout to replace my 2014 Macbook Pro but undecided whether to just order now (as I need a laptop really) or do I wait to see if they release a 14" with the new silicone which could take my fancy...

Associate
Do we think they will announce the first silicone based mac at this event? I've got an insurance payout to replace my 2014 Macbook Pro but undecided whether to just order now (as I need a laptop really) or do I wait to see if they release a 14" with the new silicone which could take my fancy...
no, they want all the focus on iphones. rumour is November for first ARM mac announcement

Soldato
FaceID is absolutely amazing and I wouldn't got back to a phone with touchID. I don't care that I have to type in my passcode a few times when I am buying something in a shop. The other 99% of the time matters more to me and faceID is amazing.

Its not even slower in shops most of the time as you are waiting for either a card reader or someone on the checkout to be ready for your phone so you just double tap the power button and stick in your passcode ready to go.

I still have an iPhone X and the other thing that would make me upgrade is if they have a 120hz display, USB-C connector and perhaps faster wireless charging. My X is fast enough, I don't care about having a slightly better camera or a slightly faster phone.

This is precisely why Apple moved to their crazy pricing and now offer so many lower grade options. Its hard to justify £1000 for a new iPhone even when your current one is 3 years old. There simply isn't enough of an improvement to make it worthwhile for the majority of people.

Yeah I'm with you on this, the X was truly exceptional. Has lasted 3 years no problem, my only question is will it last 4? I don't want to get halfway then need to replace it and be mid-cycle, because of that I'll probably get a 12 Pro. Must have 120hz though.

Soldato
OP
I do miss the times when things were only peoples rumours, and then Apple would pull out something different with a load of things they were working on. Now it's just a watch to confirm what we've already learned.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I do miss the times when things were only peoples rumours, and then Apple would pull out something different with a load of things they were working on. Now it's just a watch to confirm what we've already learned.

To be fair, its quite easy to stay away from rumours if you want to. Unless I went looking for them I would have 0 trouble going into each iPhone presentation completely blind.

Soldato
The incentive to leak is far too high these days, it’s got to the point now where companies end up leaking their own products on purpose to build hype/test the market.

The devices are now so complex, there is so many people involved in the supply chain, the chances of keeping something secret is slim.

Back
Top Bottom