Laurence Fox

Soldato
Not familiar with him....is he just a toned down Katie Hopkins?
Yes.
This is what "liberal" and/or [in far too many cases] left has become - they don't listen to other people's views or engage with other peoples opinions, they've already made their mind up what is best, what people should be doing, and if another opinion or view can't be ignored or people don't conform to it they attack the person/messenger.

They *always* attack the messenger, you can't find a person who they don't hate, it's incessant and hostile personal character attacks. They think they're on the side of good and righteous, so it's all justified. They are good and the opposition is literally evil, which is such a dangerous mindset, completely lacking self awareness with compounding ignorance. People who consider themselves "intelligent" yet spend their lives telling people they're scum on Twitter and should kill themselves; you couldn't make it up.
Dear god these two post just cancel each other out.

What you both ignore is there are many liberal left that dont do what you say and at the same time there are many illiberal right wingers that do exactly what you say. And by illiberal right I mean all the people that people like Roar whos word they take as gospel listen too.

The worst thing for old Fox is that he isnt saying the same things as people like Roar think he is.

While many of you here might not think you are racist and just stating facts. You are using someones race as the default spot. IE some blacks commit crime, it must be their blackness not the fact that those individuals are just criminals. Same as muslim grooming gangs. To certain people they are not just grooming girls because they are scumbags. To you it is because they are muslims.

Please explain why white english people commit the same crimes please.

Man of Honour
What you both ignore is there are many liberal left that dont do what you say and at the same time there are many illiberal right wingers that do exactly what you say.

I even put in the parentheses to acknowledge it isn't universally the case but sadly it is becoming all too common especially in many self professed liberals in this day and age.

I definitely wouldn't say it is exclusive to the left and/or liberals either - but that is a group that ostensibly should be less about that while on the right there is less pretence of it in the first place.

Soldato
And by illiberal right I mean all the people that people like Roar whos word they take as gospel listen too.

Who's word do I take as gospel? You're literally attacking my character now. Present an argument of your own instead of putting words in my mouth.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes.

What you both ignore is there are many liberal left that dont do what you say and at the same time there are many illiberal right wingers that do exactly what you say. And by illiberal right I mean all the people that people like Roar whos word they take as gospel listen too.

The worst thing for old Fox is that he isnt saying the same things as people like Roar think he is.

While many of you here might not think you are racist and just stating facts. You are using someones race as the default spot. IE some blacks commit crime, it must be their blackness not the fact that those individuals are just criminals. Same as muslim grooming gangs. To certain people they are not just grooming girls because they are scumbags. To you it is because they are muslims.

Eh? You're just randomly ranting.

Permabanned
Who's word do I take as gospel? You're literally attacking my character now. Present an argument of your own instead of putting words in my mouth.

In fairness, so are you by characterising the left as hating everybody who disagrees with them.

The left don't do "disagreeing with someone's politics", they do character attacks. There are no right wing or Conservative Politicians, or people who have those views, who they don't hate on a personal level.

They *always* attack the messenger, you can't find a person who they don't hate, it's incessant and hostile personal character attacks. They think they're on the side of good and righteous, so it's all justified. They are good and the opposition is literally evil, which is such a dangerous mindset, completely lacking self awareness with compounding ignorance. People who consider themselves "intelligent" yet spend their lives telling people they're scum on Twitter and should kill themselves; you couldn't make it up.

There is no evidence of what you claim. Everybody needs to be held accountable to the same standard.

Soldato
This is what "liberal" and/or [in far too many cases] left has become - they don't listen to other people's views or engage with other peoples opinions, they've already made their mind up what is best, what people should be doing, and if another opinion or view can't be ignored or people don't conform to it they attack the person/messenger.

100% correct

Soldato
The left don't do "disagreeing with someone's politics", they do character attacks. There are no right wing or Conservative Politicians, or people who have those views, who they don't hate on a personal level.

If you disagree with a Leftie view, you're automatically a right wing trump racist type. There's no discussing with them your own views as they don't want to know any other viewpoint other than their own.

Soldato

You could easily say the same about the 'other' side(s) as well.

Soldato
Yes.

No-one is talking about race except you Tony. Perhaps have a think about that.

You also do not appear to have room for nuance. Hopkins is a nasty little attention seeker that has said some pretty disgusting things. To compare someone like Lawrence Fox to her is utterly bizarre. What has he said that you disagree with specifically? Make your case and perhaps we will find some common ground.

Soldato
I even put in the parentheses to acknowledge it isn't universally the case but sadly it is becoming all too common especially in many self professed liberals in this day and age.

I definitely wouldn't say it is exclusive to the left and/or liberals either - but that is a group that ostensibly should be less about that while on the right there is less pretence of it in the first place.
Sorry Rroff that has gone completely over my head.

I love depsite the way you talk to and about people that you act all offened because you think your character has been attacked. Ill be honest I dont particularly like a lot about your 'character' and a lot of it does need to be attacked just like you would attack my left wing character.
If you disagree with a Leftie view, you're automatically a right wing trump racist type. There's no discussing with them your own views as they don't want to know any other viewpoint other than their own.
No you are only a right wing Trump racist type if you use the same right wing Trump style racism tropes.

No-one is talking about race except you Tony. Perhaps have a think about that.

You also do not appear to have room for nuance. Hopkins is a nasty little attention seeker that has said some pretty disgusting things. To compare someone like Lawrence Fox to her is utterly bizarre. What has he said that you disagree with specifically? Make your case and perhaps we will find some common ground.
Thats what is happening in your head. Fox isnt saying anything that different to any of the other 'free speech' right wingers. Its just said in a posher voice. Just like Boris. Its still the same old nasty rhetoric.

Lets take 'Black history month'. Its the same people attacking it that also complain about International womens day. Same idiotic reasons.
Eh? You're just randomly ranting.
Have you read any of this thread? Its all random ranting.

Soldato
Thats what is happening in your head. Fox isnt saying anything that different to any of the other 'free speech' right wingers. Its just said in a posher voice. Just like Boris. Its still the same old nasty rhetoric.

So again, what specifically has he said that you disagree with? I can think of a couple of things but wonder if you can. You appear to be "othering" him so you do not have to contend with his ideas. You evidently do not like him so please explain why. Perhaps there is something I'm not aware of in which case I will happily disavow him on that particular issue.

Soldato
So again, what specifically has he said that you disagree with? I can think of a couple of things but wonder if you can. You appear to be "othering" him so you do not have to contend with his ideas. You evidently do not like him so please explain why. Perhaps there is something I'm not aware of in which case I will happily disavow him on that particular issue.

The stuff Laurence Fox is describing that has happened to him is basically what Trump warned about in his 4th July speech.

It's intolerance masquerading as tolerance, totalitarianism masquerading as liberalism, regressivism masquerading as progressivism, racism masquerading as anti-racism, fascism masquerading as anti-fascism.
Basical swap round what mmj said about what he thinks is happening.

Its racism masquerading as not really racism. Fascism masquerading as not really fascism and regressivism masquerading as not really regressivism.

Its just rivers of blood all over again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not really. Most of what I've read has been people having a sensible discussion. You're just calling people racist, even though the bits that I've read (admittedly only ~30%) haven't mentioned race at all.
Im not calling most people racist. Some people here are blatant racists while some are just agreeing with those racist because they think they have put a good argument forward. Its a bit like arguing that cows are people killers because of the people that recently got trampled to death by cows. Yes people have been killed by cows but cows arent necessarily killers.

What is wrong with black history month? What harm does it do?

The fawning over Fox by certain people in this thread is weird to say the least.

Last edited:
Associate
Im not calling most people racist. Some people here are blatant racists while some are just agreeing with those racist because they think they have put a good argument forward. Its a bit like arguing that cows are people killers because of the people that recently got trampled to death by cows. Yes people have been killed by cows but cows arent necessarily killers.

What is wrong with black history month? What harm does it do?

The fawning over Fox by certain people in this thread is weird to say the least.

Whatever - you're not making any sense to me so I'll leave it here.

Back
Top Bottom