New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Soldato
Cap FPS in-game to 163 if it has an in game option. If a game doesn't have an option for FPS cap then use RivaTuner Statistics server to cap at 163
Enable v-sync on for all games in Nvidia Control Panel - disable v-sync on all in game settings
Ensure Freesync/G-Sync is on

What this does. 163 FPS cap stops the framerate overshooting and hitting v-sync. Freesync on eliminates any tearing. V-sync foreced on in Nvidia control panel reduces overall input latency if you exceed your frame cap. Essentially v-sync takes over when you are not in the Freesync/G-Sync range (which is very wide for this monitor 48-165 Hz)
I shall give this a try, thanks a lot.

Associate
Ordered mine on 01/10/2020, with an estimated delivery of the 19th - nothing yet so they're probably waiting for stock to land.

S2k

S2k

Associate
I have just ordered this today and thanks to this forum got 15% off (£331) using the code HSDBIGSALE. This code still works to anyone reading this!

I was really split into 2 minds on what to get, where I really liked the idea of a VA panel’s contrast ratios, but the delay was also a big influence as I’m into my FPS’s. So, I kinda concluded that unless I wanted to spend a load more on a top VA like say the new Samsung Odyssey G7 it would be better instead to get a really decent IPA. (or I hope this one is really decent!)

Associate
I have just ordered this today and thanks to this forum got 15% off (£331) using the code HSDBIGSALE. This code still works to anyone reading this!

I was really split into 2 minds on what to get, where I really liked the idea of a VA panel’s contrast ratios, but the delay was also a big influence as I’m into my FPS’s. So, I kinda concluded that unless I wanted to spend a load more on a top VA like say the new Samsung Odyssey G7 it would be better instead to get a really decent IPA. (or I hope this one is really decent!)
Thanks S2k! Unfortunately this code seems not to be working for the Irish store (it says this is a valid code but there's no qualifying article in the cart). I suspect it's tied to UK stock.

Anyone have another 15% code I could try?

Associate
I ordered mine around the 24th of September and had it the 2nd of October (Delivery date when ordering was 13th October). I reckon you'll get it well before the date.

Associate
Thanks S2k! Unfortunately this code seems not to be working for the Irish store (it says this is a valid code but there's no qualifying article in the cart). I suspect it's tied to UK stock.

Anyone have another 15% code I could try?
I have a feeling the 15% is tied to UK stock as everywhere I have gone for an Irish discount code (University and corporate) only have 10% on monitors. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong but I have a feeling Ireland only gets 10%.

Associate
I used that HSDBIGSALE code and ordered today..
Estimated to arrival 18/11
I got an email and i can see it on my paypal credit.. But there is nothing in "my orders" on dells website

Associate
Sigh, well I got my monitor today and was very excited to plug it in only to find out I got served a cabbage. The right half of the screen is a mess. 100% the panel as it happens regardless of connection to the PC.

cLTn4Zx.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKvVpmbX-aM

Buying myself a pizza as a consolation prize :D

I finally got my replacement today and am pleased to announce no issues with this one! Very happy now, in fact I may order a pizza as a celebration. I see a pattern forming here..

Last edited:
Associate
Did I promise to pay if you didn't get it by the 20th? ffs.... May have done myself in on this bet.

Haha! Yeah man, just a bit :p

So anyone knows how to test the monitor for issues and to set it up? Like settings and then ICC colour profiles?

Compared to my old monitor it's going to take a bit of getting used to coming from 32" to 27" but it looks a lot better than the AOC q3279vwfd8.

Permabanned
Haha! Yeah man, just a bit :p

So anyone knows how to test the monitor for issues and to set it up? Like settings and then ICC colour profiles?

Compared to my old monitor it's going to take a bit of getting used to coming from 32" to 27" but it looks a lot better than the AOC q3279vwfd8.

Plug in, install dell drivers/colour profile, fiddle a bit(if necessary), enjoy. :p

Back
Top Bottom