***Death Stranding***

Associate
I also just picked this up as it was going cheap, i think im at the end of chapter 2 and so far im also really enjoying it tho theres still a bit of i have no idea what im doing haha, the BT's are you supposed to just run from them?

Soldato
You can fight them later - the "snip" attack is useful and you'll get access to grenades and ammo that can take them down.
But I still usually avoided.

Associate
Just completed the game, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Left it alone for a couple of months, but lockdown has meant that I have a bit more time to go through my back catalogue.

I wished I played 'offline' from the start, though some structures did help me out, it felt like a cheat using them, so I always dismantled them from around 2/3 through.

The real joy was waiting for the music to come on and just enjoying that walk.

I took my time and probably did more deliveries than I should, think I clocked around 60+ hours in all.

Definitely one of those game where you can just relax and enjoy the scenery, might be tempted to play offline again at some point.

Soldato
Borrowed this from a friend at work. To be honest, not really enjoying it at all. I think I am about 15 hours in. The story is compelling but Pretty pretentious over complicated. The game mechanics are just not enjoyable at all. A review said it’s often like controlling a drunk person with an inner ear infection and I agree with that and the vehicle’s are just terrible. The menus and inventory system is over complicated and add clutter to an already over micro management heavy system.

might play it for a little longer but it really isn’t compelling me to play like games such as Days Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn etc

Soldato
Sorry, you misunderstood me. I have played and completed Days Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn and RDR2 and found them compelling to play as the story, in my opinion, was significantly better structured and enjoying to play.

Soldato
Wife got me a PS4 Pro for the birthday, with this game. Been 3 years without a PS4 but really enjoying the console with this game.
Looks fantastic, and really enjoying the story and gameplay.
Glad I didn't get it on PC, as lazing about on the sofa delivering stuff works for me.

Soldato
The director's cut is giving me huge MGS vibes :D

I loved the original, definitely will give it another play through!

There were a fair few nods to mgs in that video. The box, the crawl space the rat runs into, the layout of the room and the music. Not sure what the oranges meant though.

Man of Honour
Forgot how much I love this game, it’s just so relaxing. Enjoying it much more this time round. Prefer it on PS5 to PC, love the dualsense features, great directors cut improvements. It’s still breathtaking to look at. The BTs scare me less now I know how to handle them too, it’s actually quite useful to get caught as a) the boss gives loads of crystals and b) it clears the area of BTs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom