• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
OP
I don't have the exact info, I can say, that any stock that arrives from now onwards will have the upgrade connector.

Ok ..that's a shame and a little disappointed tbh ..However myself and others need a way to know if where on the old faulty or new fixed block.

I understand that any new cards sent out going forward will be fixed but for me and i guess others there will always be that doubt in the back of there minds.

If HQ is not willing to give you that information then there nothing we can do but to self investigate

I am however very grateful with what help you were able to offer re all this @GIGA-Man

Thx again all for sharing your serial info so far .. i guess where going to have to investigate this ourselves so to work out when the fix was made and which serial numbers apply to this.

So anybody with any of these cards listed on the op with or without problems please post your serial numbers in this thread and state if your card is working ok or have a problem.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok ..that's a shame and a little disappointed tbh ..However myself and others need a way to know if where on the old faulty or new fixed block.

I understand that any new cards sent out going forward will be fixed but for me and i guess others there will always be that doubt in the back of there minds.

If HQ is not willing to give you that information then there nothing we can do but to self investigate

I am however very grateful with what help you were able to offer re all this @GIGA-Man

Thx again all for sharing your serial info so far .. i guess where going to have to investigate this ourselves so to work out when the fix was made and which serial numbers apply to this.

So anybody with any of these cards listed on the op with or without problems please post your serial numbers in this thread and state if your card is working ok or have a problem.

Thank you.

For a little more clarity, it will be on all cards produced before WK39.

Associate
Any news on serial numbers?

Mines arrived from another retailer on Sunday and is fine now in the PC, but dont want a problem to develop over time. Is the different connector visibly different?

Edit: Serial of mines start 2038

It will have the older pin type, it wont develop an issue unless you remove the power connection from the PSU, even then it may not happen. The pins are becoming lose and not making contact with the PSU connection cables.

Associate
So tested the first card 3080 Gaming OC, workes fine and the power connectors went in like a charm.
All pins were straight.
I noticed something when I looked at the cables they do not look like the ones I have seen from other cards.
Mine have some kind of shrinkhose on them.
Image:
yyaJr16.jpg

Associate
OP
so just to clarify for everyone and any one new here

WK39 & onwards will have the revised block anything WK38 and below is on the old faulty block.

So check your serial number which will start with year 20 then second number is the week.

Associate
OP
So tested the first card 3080 Gaming OC, workes fine and the power connectors went in like a charm.
All pins were straight.
I noticed something when I looked at the cables they do not look like the ones I have seen from other cards.
Mine have some kind of shrinkhose on them.
Image:
yyaJr16.jpg

interesting .. Not sure if the others had heatshrink on them.

Soldato
interesting .. Not sure if the others had heatshrink on them.

Skip to 13:30m on this Eagle review and that doesn't have the shrink around them.

eagle.jpg

Associate
Sorry, how big of an issue is this then?

As in, do I have to RMA or if I'm plugging my GPU into my system and don't plan to take it out for a couple years do I need to do anything or...?

Associate
thx for updating ..so does the gaming oc only have it then ?? edit and the vision

All the none AORUS cards did have it, there was some mixed stock in WK38 production which was why I didn't include that as a viable date in my previous post. The image in the above post is a good representation of the old version, here is the new version but it's not easy to see in the cards. We are now testing each card connector 10 times before shipment.

Untitled-1.png

Last edited:
Associate
All the cards dud have it, there was some mixed stock in WK38 production which was why I didn't include it but there are some without the new connector. The image in the above post is a good representation of the old version, here is the new version but it's not easy to see in the cards. We are now testing each card connector 10 times before shipment.

Untitled-1.png
Do you know how long the replacement (fix) service takes if a collection was arranged to be picked on Wednesday for example?

Associate
Perfect cheers, i'll get it sorted then.

To be clear, my current card would get fixed so I wouldn't have to wait around for a new card to come back to me?

Correct, we upgrade the connector on the card. You can arrange it directly with me, mail [email protected] with the serial number, check number, copy of invoice, address and desired delivery day (we can only collect week days, sorry).

Also sorry for all those out side the UK, I'm not able to help you with the same service.

Last edited:
Associate
Correct, we upgrade the connector on the card. You can arrange it directly with me, mail [email protected] with the serial number, check number, copy of invoice, address and desired delivery day (we can only collect week days, sorry).

Also sorry for all those out side the UK, I'm not able to help you with the same service.

So i'm one of those unfortunate souls that has this issue outside the UK (stateside to be specific). I've sent my card in for RMA and it has been accepted and is now listed as "repairing", but I was curious as to one thing. Are the cards themselves being repaired or am I stuck waiting for new stock to be sent a replacement?

Back
Top Bottom