Prime Day 2020

Associate
Hoping this doesn't get deleted as long as everyone sticks to the usual competitor discussion rules.

Seeing as prime day 2020 is tomorrow, what are people hoping to pick up for a bargain? And what did you get last year?

For me, Last year I picked up some more Philips HUE bulbs as it's the only time they're a reasonable price , and this year not really after anything so far

I do wonder if we'll get "black Friday / cyber Monday" too and whether that'll be better or equivalent.

Must not fall into the trap of buying stuff I don't need just because it's cheaper than usual!

Associate
Is there a website to compare prices of items pre and post prime day, so you can see if you're making a genuine saving, instead of them artificially messing around with the prices?

Soldato
Wife wants a Switch for Christmas - but probably safe to assume that is one product that won't see a discount. So cannot see me purchasing anything.

Soldato
Probably want an Amazon FireStick or similar as the firmware on my BluRay player creaks a bit for Prime Video. Norally Amazon branded devices get a price drop so here's hoping.

Soldato
Just a heads up, the current Switch is quite old. Rumours of a new one being announced soon but unknown on when it'll likely be released.

I think there is rumour of a 4k version being released at "some point" next year, but nobody seems to have any firm ideas.
So long as I get the revised version with the better battery I'll be happy.

Soldato
An electric shaver as I'm becoming increasingly lazy, new lockdown on the horizon and going through my safety-razor ritual every single day is more than I can be bothered with given I live alone.

Also on the look out for a Kindle Paperwhite.

Just checked and the Paperwhite is deal of the day, only a tenner more than the standard!

Soldato
For me, Last year I picked up some more Philips HUE bulbs as it's the only time they're a reasonable price , and this year not really after anything so far

I was thinking of getting some of these bulbs. We have an Alexa but its a complete gimmick, in my opinion. I basically use it as an elaborate cooking timer and that's about it. Controlling the lighting might make it more worthwhile. I've seen the Hue bulbs on amazon, but there seem to be other brands which do the same thing for cheaper.
Are they worth the extra outlay?

Back
Top Bottom