Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Associate
quick question and I am sure its been asked before but is there a hired driver mod to make these ppl pick up jobs on the return journey instead of coming home empty?

Soldato
Can't find an up to date mod for it, but it can be made into a mod or edited inside the def.scs I will have a go.

Edit: @Draven Place this in your Euro Truck Simulator 2 > mod folder.

https://sharemods.com/xrrii7fdia5r/moddedeconomy.scs.html
Put it at the bottom of the Mod Manager. If I have read the .sii file correctly and edited it so, drivers should now always have a job.

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
here's one for ya,when drivers gets paid or level up is there anything you can do for some sort of noise recognition rather than it just silently going across the bottom of your sat nav,so many times it scrolls by and I miss it,if there was just some sort of noise alert to let you know aswell as the message would be so much better

Last edited:
Associate
Picked this up for next to nothing today.... Any must-have DLC or Mods? Majority of junctions / yards in the base game seem very similar , doesn't feel like much variety so far and guessing the DLC will help that?

Soldato
The DLC makes the game bigger and in most cases better but I just wish they would do something about the longevity of the game, once you reach a certain point and you have millions in the bank and run out of drivers to hire its kind of pointless(said even though I just finished another job)

Soldato
Picked this up for next to nothing today.... Any must-have DLC or Mods? Majority of junctions / yards in the base game seem very similar , doesn't feel like much variety so far and guessing the DLC will help that?
The quality of the DLC is miles ahead of the base game imo. Recently the devs have tried to bring the base game up to the level of paid DLC (Germany currently went under a rebuild), but if you are driving around the UK for example, the quality is much lower than the paid DLC. If you do get the DLC I'd also recommend promods, expands the map even further and alters some base game locations.

Soldato
I just wish cities were actual cities instead of little areas with a few drive in spots and thats it. Doesnt have to be super accurate but pre generated cities with mixes of random elements of a city like tall and short buildings, peds walking about doing there shopping a bit of park areas with grass and trees, some residential streets etc. Would be nice.

Associate
The quality of the DLC is miles ahead of the base game imo. Recently the devs have tried to bring the base game up to the level of paid DLC (Germany currently went under a rebuild), but if you are driving around the UK for example, the quality is much lower than the paid DLC. If you do get the DLC I'd also recommend promods, expands the map even further and alters some base game locations.

Thanks

Caporegime
I wonder what will happen when they finish ETS2 off. After the next big one, Spain and Portugal, there are only a few Eastern European countries left, like Slovenia, Albania, Serbia, etc. Maybe they will move everyone on to ATS. 50 states is going to take a loooooong time at the rate they are going.

Soldato
I just wish cities were actual cities instead of little areas with a few drive in spots and thats it. Doesnt have to be super accurate but pre generated cities with mixes of random elements of a city like tall and short buildings, peds walking about doing there shopping a bit of park areas with grass and trees, some residential streets etc. Would be nice.

Pro-Mods really expands on this, London looks great on the Pro-Mods map and being able to use Pro-Mods on the Truckers-MP server is even better.
London is much larger and has areas such as docklands and the square mile.

Man of Honour
I wonder why they have never done add on packs of trucks? I would love to see a much wider choice of trucks and would be be all over a ERF or Foden pack. Even better if they were older trucks too. Does anybody make payware truck add-ons? These games are weird really when it comes to add-ons. Train Simulator which launched as Railworks and is now up to TS2021 in the latest version has had many payware add-ons in the form of routes, locomotives (steam, diesel and electric), multiple units, coaches/wagons and even sounds sold by many different companies since the begining yet ETS/ETS2/ATS doesn't seem to have any payware manufacturers from what I can see despite being a simular sort of game.

Associate
Pro-Mods really expands on this, London looks great on the Pro-Mods map and being able to use Pro-Mods on the Truckers-MP server is even better.
London is much larger and has areas such as docklands and the square mile.
pro mods is a great addition and really expands the world,only problem with is aprt from the trailer skin mod the 2.5 requires you have every dlc to work ie,Italy,blacksea,Spain ect,igot the last one the other day while on offer on steam and finally got pro mods 2.5 installed and wow its great makes such a difference 100% recommended

Associate
Question around Pro-Mods - Just been having a look at it, do I need the map dlc's for it to work properly as above, or will it work with the base game? Haven't bothered with any of the DLC's yet but looks like I need it all?

Considering buying a wheel for this , G29 / G923 , anyone using it with a wheel ? Have the Xbox controller currently.

Last edited:
Associate
Question around Pro-Mods - Just been having a look at it, do I need the map dlc's for it to work properly as above, or will it work with the base game? Haven't bothered with any of the DLC's yet but looks like I need it all
yes if you want pro mods 2.5,you need all the map dlc,if you just want the trailer skins then no mate

Soldato
@Rexxar I still use a G27 with a real car racing wheel using an adapter, it's silent and very very smooth. Also usign a TH8A Shifter and G27 pedals. If you have VR I highly suggest trying it with ETS2/ATS, it's unreal.

Back
Top Bottom