B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Bios Upgrade

Soldato
Well it looks like 32 was the minimum requirement for all and possibly 51d and 51 don't even have that requirement? Seems you should be fine. Though i would do the EC FW Update Tool thing as it looks to be updating some other chip on the board, very confusing! What cpu are you using?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well it looks like 32 was the minimum requirement for all and possibly 51d and 51 don't even have that requirement? Seems you should be fine. Though i would do the EC FW Update Tool thing as it looks to be updating some other chip on the board, very confusing! What cpu are you using?
I'm using 2400G but want to install 3600.

Associate
Yes, you MUST do the FW upgrade first, before going to the latest version, if you don't then you will get issues.

So its: F31 (or lower) -> F32 -> FW upgrade tool -> F40 -> Latest (F51)

Associate
OP
Yes, you MUST do the FW upgrade first, before going to the latest version, if you don't then you will get issues.

So its: F31 (or lower) -> F32 -> FW upgrade tool -> F40 -> Latest (F51)
That's what I did after hearing horror stories of people bricking their board. It's irresponsible of Gigabyte not to include that info under F51. Who looks at the bios you are flashing from? I'm sure most people just find the latest bios and flash.

Associate
That's what I did after hearing horror stories of people bricking their board. It's irresponsible of Gigabyte not to include that info under F51. Who looks at the bios you are flashing from? I'm sure most people just find the latest bios and flash.

Yikes - Yes, if doing it wrong can brick it, it should be in big red flashing letters! :)

Back
Top Bottom