• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Nice for Inno3D customers - Pretty good cards. I had a GT7600 and 8800GTX from them years ago. I sold the 8800 to a friend years ago and it is still going!

Associate
Seriously, I'm like 424 in the queue for a MSI Ventus
Ventus or Gaming X trio, will be delayed since they were caught selling them for higher prices through a "known associate" which implicitly has the same address as them. I ordered a Gaming X and haven't seen an update on those cards since I pre-ordered it on the 17th, so no matter what you've ordered we might all need to wait.
That's another hard lesson about how other manufacturers that ask 50gbp more for their cards and offer higher quality services in return, like asus. I will now wait like a good boy in queue but next card won't be an MSI for sure.

Associate
If you want to change the card you've ordered you'll need to cancel the first order and place a new one, thus you'll be at the back of the new queue :)
Whoops, I currently have an order for an Eagle and Vision OC. I have my eagle queue number but not my vision one, hope they at least cancel the one farther away in the queue

Associate
Have read that 3070 should supposedly be better for stock, but how? If they can't make enough of the 3080 components then how are they going to make any 3070s?! If they have capacity to build loads of 3070s then how about making enough 3080s... Was expecting a long delay as ordered a week after release, gives time to see what AMD bring, but expected some movement in the queue by now

Associate
Ventus or Gaming X trio, will be delayed since they were caught selling them for higher prices through a "known associate" which implicitly has the same address as them. I ordered a Gaming X and haven't seen an update on those cards since I pre-ordered it on the 17th, so no matter what you've ordered we might all need to wait.
That's another hard lesson about how other manufacturers that ask 50gbp more for their cards and offer higher quality services in return, like asus. I will now wait like a good boy in queue but next card won't be an MSI for sure.

5 Trios were shipped on 18th Sept and 30 on 29th Sept, and 50ish Ventus on the 6th of October. There was also another MSI shipment on 21st Sept, but without the Queue/Gibbo/Customer Serice saying what or how many we don't know anything about that one.

Honestly, while something dodgy happend with an MSI subsidiary and selling cards, I think the effect of it keeps being blown out of proportion (not sure it was many actual cards, so while unacceptable, unlikely to make much of a difference to orders). Of all the AIBs being sold by OCUK its seemed like MSI have some of the most regular deliveries, and have had better numbers than we've seen for any of the others (50 Ventus vs 7 or 8 TUF OC from ASUS last week, 30 Trios the week before).

Associate

Where is your evidence to back up what you are saying? How do you know theres delays. The case was dropped.

Associate
3070 has smaller ship with less CUDA, RT, Tensor Core and so on so higher yield is possible & potentially every 3080 chip (GA102(?) - 628.4 mm2) that did not pass the QA testing can be turned into 3070 (GA104 - 392 mm2) with minor tweaking, assuming that there is enough working transistor and it can pass specs for 3070.

Associate
Just cancelled my order for a 3080 Ventus 3X placed last week. I only ordered it after it became clear that a Founders Edition could only be obtained in the UK by going to scalpers. Best of luck to everyone on here who are hoping for the best. Personally, I really wanted a 3080, preferably a FE, but I just don't see that happening - I was there with everyone else to witness the Nvidia store go from 'Notify Me' to 'Out of Stock' in 1 refresh.

I own a 2080Ti so no desperate need to get my hands on one, but I had wanted it for VR (Pimax vison 8k headset). I will now instead wait for the Big Navi release and the RL benchmarks/comparisons. I have no brand loyalty per se, but simply enjoy whatever happens to be best performer at that particular point in time. If that means going for a close second, then so be it.

Peace out.

Associate

I pre-ordered on the 17th as well, since no in the US is accepting pre-orders.

I read about the subsidiary stuff as well. It sucks that it happened and has honestly turned me off from buy any card made by MSI as well. This will be the last card I buy made by MSI. At least Asus has given customers some updates about their stock, unlike MSI. I might just buy either the FE or Asus version of the next card I buy.

Associate
Have read that 3070 should supposedly be better for stock, but how? If they can't make enough of the 3080 components then how are they going to make any 3070s?! If they have capacity to build loads of 3070s then how about making enough 3080s... Was expecting a long delay as ordered a week after release, gives time to see what AMD bring, but expected some movement in the queue by now

Nvidia have told us the issue with the 3080 isn't a supply problem, its a demand problem. So by that metric I'm sure they also consider however many 3070s they are producing more than enough supply, even if it doesn't meet the demand.

Associate

3070 has had an extra 6 weeks worth of production, assuming manufacturers started 3070 and 3080 together. There'll still be a supply/demand issue but I doubt anywhere near as much as we've seen with 80's and 90's.

That being said it's probably also a more popular card with its price point, and I bet a lot of disgruntled 80 owner-to-be's will be cancelling if they can get a 70.

Associate
Where is your evidence to back up what you are saying? How do you know theres delays. The case was dropped.
My evidence is all over the internet, it was pointed out by Linus. Google it, you will find it. As for "the case has been dropped" I couldn't care any less, I'm more interested in the effect it had on deliveries rather than how big of a **** MSI got up their behind for doing this.

Associate
I pre-ordered on the 17th as well, since no in the US is accepting pre-orders.

I read about the subsidiary stuff as well. It sucks that it happened and has honestly turned me off from buy any card made by MSI as well. This will be the last card I buy made by MSI. At least Asus has given customers some updates about their stock, unlike MSI. I might just buy either the FE or Asus version of the next card I buy.

Exactly my point. Asus came with all kinds of updates to keep people cool. It might be a small thing, but it does count.

Associate
Nvidia have told us the issue with the 3080 isn't a supply problem, its a demand problem. So by that metric I'm sure they also consider however many 3070s they are producing more than enough supply, even if it doesn't meet the demand.
You mean PR bs told by Jensen? They don't have any supply problem with theirs GA100 (tesla, quadro, virtualisation and generally pro segment) manufactured by TSMC 7nm which is huge, none with (after initial problems at launch which lasted month + malfunctioning chips and RAM) 2080ti (754mm2 12 TSMC FinFET) which is bigger than 3080.

Sorry still don't buy it. Apple, Qualcomm, Huawei didn't drop Samsung 3 years ago for TSMC without a reason.

Edit: Yeah, there is no shortage of quadro & tesla on NV partners sites.

Associate
Exactly my point. Asus came with all kinds of updates to keep people cool. It might be a small thing, but it does count.

Which (I think) is much appreciated by those who bought an Asus card. If more companies, distributors, and retailers did this it would help cool down any heat they would get in the future. But, that's easier said than done from the looks of things.

Back
Top Bottom