• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
I cancelled my pre-order (placed elsewhere) after it was delayed several-times. Instead I will stick with my 5700 XT for another year or two, and grab an XBOX Series-X with some of the money saved. This way I will have a half-decent gaming-PC @ 1440P in my "Corona Office", and get to play console-friendly games @ 4K HDR 60-120FPS on the living-room TV. At-least I know when the XBOX will arrive.

I'm over this 3080-thing, honest...

Associate
I cancelled my pre-order (placed elsewhere) after it was delayed several-times. Instead I will stick with my 5700 XT for another year or two, and grab an XBOX Series-X with some of the money saved. This way I will have a half-decent gaming-PC @ 1440P in my "Corona Office", and get to play console-friendly games @ 4K HDR 60-120FPS on the living-room TV. At-least I know when the XBOX will arrive.

Gz, hope the console serves you well.

I could go the same route, but I chose to go the PC route this year, and aim to hold onto my decision to the end.

Worst case-scenario for me, is that I get to play CP 2077 on my 9700 (non-k) and 1070 ti, until the 10-700k and Asus ROG Strix OC become available.
Ideally these will arrive when I have booked my 2 weeks of holidays from work, but who knows at this stage.

Hope you're happy with your choice, and it all works out for you :) <3

Soldato
Ordered from elsewhere (had to) ocuk site was down and phones didn't work. There site worked fine

97th queue for Asus strix 3090

Don't expect it this year at this point

Associate

I'm guessing you ordered from the retailer beginning with S? If you did its the same place as me! Orders getting delayed left right and centre. They've had one delivery of the card I want in the last two weeks and more delays mean they ain't getting a delivery next week now either.

Associate
For those that managed to get the initial stock from OCUK or Nvidia. How many days after order did it take to arrive?

No idea on Nvidia. OCUK ship DPD next day, so the 10s of people who managed to get that initial stock (or those right at the front of the queue who've recieved deliveries since) should have revieved them quickly.

Worth noting that Nvidia have said they are stopping selling directly now, so in the US the FE is with a major retailer, and they are reportedly looking into who will be selling them in Europe (so right now no one is).

Soldato
No idea on Nvidia. OCUK ship DPD next day, so the 10s of people who managed to get that initial stock (or those right at the front of the queue who've recieved deliveries since) should have revieved them quickly.

Worth noting that Nvidia have said they are stopping selling directly now, so in the US the FE is with a major retailer, and they are reportedly looking into who will be selling them in Europe (so right now no one is).

So there is currently 3070 stock on its way to OCUK?

Associate
So there is currently 3070 stock on its way to OCUK?

Possibly? Since the launch was suposed to be this week before it was pushed back to the 29th its possible that some the AIBs have some with OC already. If not I'd hope they will soon unless that launch is going to be as horrific as the '80 and '90 launches.

I'd assume OC isn't going to be the EU Founders Edition source though. I'd imagine the top of the list for nvidia is a site that can handle the demand, and, well, OC's I suspect really can't.

Associate

Nvidia never said they were stopping deliveries of the FE in Europe, only in America.
They said they were looking at options, not that they were stopping shipping.

Associate
Has there been any indication of when Ocuk expect pre-orders to be eclipsed by stock? I know pre-orders continue to be made by customers, but is this at a rate which is declining, holding steady, or even increasing relative to orders being satisfied by stock? @Gibbo if you have any indication that would be useful.

Associate
Nvidia never said they were stopping deliveries of the FE in Europe, only in America.
They said they were looking at options, not that they were stopping shipping.

Thats fair. My reading of it was that they were stopping completely, and that how they will handle the EU is TBD, but I guess that could be overly pessimistic. On the other hand I don't think we've seen a FE drop since a week or so before that annoucement was made, which could just be Golden Week, but until we do I'm assuming they are negotiating who gets to be the EU seller.

Associate
Thats fair. My reading of it was that they were stopping completely, and that how they will handle the EU is TBD, but I guess that could be overly pessimistic. On the other hand I don't think we've seen a FE drop since a week or so before that annoucement was made, which could just be Golden Week, but until we do I'm assuming they are negotiating who gets to be the EU seller.
Nvidia have used digital river for quite a while now for the FE cards. So we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Soldato
I'm guessing you ordered from the retailer beginning with S? If you did its the same place as me! Orders getting delayed left right and centre. They've had one delivery of the card I want in the last two weeks and more delays mean they ain't getting a delivery next week now either.
Urgh same place, may have to cancel.

Caporegime

I did say at the beginning when people kept praising them over ocuk and actually believed the delivery dates they were telling people

Back
Top Bottom