• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
The upsurge in digital might have something to do with the software being available but I agree with the accessories part.
Possibly, makes me wonder if enough website pick it up if Sony will least explain why or pull forward the consol release to November 12th to all.

I mean Sony don't have to state why I'm just interested to know ha

Associate
Distribution is definitely part of it. I just hope mine isn't rattling around in the back of some Amazon delivery drivers transit.

Indeed, kind of why I slung a pre-order in with my local Smyths Toys as well as my Amazon order, as I know that for Smyths they will get delivered on Pallets so minimal chance of damage unless some plonker drops the pallet off a forklift :p.

I've already agreed a zero scalping sell on for one of them as my brother in law's mate couldn't get a pre-order - don't agree with the profiteering business out of someone else's misfortune just because we are capitalist society.

Soldato
Possibly, makes me wonder if enough website pick it up if Sony will least explain why or pull forward the consol release to November 12th to all.

I mean Sony don't have to state why I'm just interested to know ha

The US is a "Battleground" territory, so almost certainly they are getting more consoles at launch. They have had their release date pulled forward a week so it's closer to the Xbox release.
As much as most people have already made their console purchasing decision, there will be those that would buy "whatever is available" - which would be Xbox for 10 days before PS5 is available.
The UK/Europe is more or a PS5 Stronghold, so they aren't so worried about the floating voters and know people will wait.

Associate
The difference is the prices will come down as they not proprietry, whilst the MS ones wont. Of course on the 360 people figured out it was normal drives inside a casing so you could just swap out with normal drives still which is what I did on my 360.

PCIe4 drives for some reason have a horrid premium right now but it will die down as competition improves, for the vast majority of cases its random i/o thats king which is why a nvme drive is usually barely noticeable over a sata driver yet a ssd sata feels way faster than a hdd spindle. I expect practical load times on the Xbox with its PCIE3 specc'd drives wont be noticeably different to the PS5. It is a shame sony went the PCIE4 route.

I'm pretty certain the XsX SSD is also PCIE4 (just uses 2 lanes instead of 4). Whilst it is proprietary, it's not that far off standard, and multiple manufacturers will bring the prices down (though probably not as quickly as PS4 spec SSDs).

Soldato
No it doesn't, Sony are just covering themselves incase of unforseen issues.

Just like when they said 99% of games will work and everybody was panicking that their favourite game wouldn't work. Turns out only about 10 rubbish games that nobody cares about are not compatible

Shadow Complex....a rubbish game nobody cares about..... Do your research man! :p

Back
Top Bottom