Prime Day 2020

Soldato
Been hovering over a 3 camera set for a few days now, are they any good as I really am undecided to order?

I think they are great, no issues with my two camera pack been in for over a year. Set my phone to do not disturb at night but allow blink notifications and brick myself when a fox sets it off :D

Disappointed with the add on camera discount thought they would be cheaper so not biting

Oh a little too, invest in some solar security lights to position near the camera, much better night quality than IR

Last edited:
Caporegime
Typical.

Changed my Prime sub to monthly back in May because every year they have Prime for £59 and wanted to take advantage of that this time.

Then Prime day gets delayed till October...then for the first time there is no discount on annual Prime.

That little gamble didn't pay off : /

Soldato
Mostly seems a bit Meh, like sellers getting rid of all their useless tat with a big discount on something that most will never need, or only dropped a few % discount on something that people might actually want.

I think the days of a really good Amazon sale are probably long gone now.

Associate
Typical.

Changed my Prime sub to monthly back in May because every year they have Prime for £59 and wanted to take advantage of that this time.

Then Prime day gets delayed till October...then for the first time there is no discount on annual Prime.

That little gamble didn't pay off : /
lol, i did the same :p
Maybe black friday?

[edit] I could do with a cheap tv for my mothers bedroom

Soldato
So I really wasn't going to buy anything over the next two days. Then they went a did a Switch + Ring Fit bundle for £315 - both items wanted by the wife for Christmas, so I purchased.

Soldato
I've been doing without Prime for a few months hoping for it to be discounted. I can happily go a few months more. Maybe in the Boxing day sales.

Caporegime
Had a look at some of these 'deals' to see what the fuss was about. This seems like a pretty bad sale that people seem to get excited about? There's so much tat on there. Any worthwhile deals?

There is always tat on there, it's par for the course and every year there are always a million posts complaining about so much tat on there, that's also par for the course.

But the key isn't looking at the tat, the key isn't trying to find an item on sale that you never thought of until today and want to snap it up. The key is buying something you actually need and use and something you know the normal going price too (with camel you don't need to really). You don't save money even if end up buying things you never need.

So ask yourself what did you need yesterday or last week, what do you need to replace, or could do with. That's the angle to approach this.

I picked up the Adobe sub because it's something I use, it's something I know the value and I will buy anyway.

Soldato
There is always tat on there, it's par for the course and every year there are always a million posts complaining about so much tat on there, that's also par for the course.

But the key isn't looking at the tat, the key isn't trying to find an item on sale that you never thought of until today and want to snap it up. The key is buying something you actually need and use and something you know the normal going price too (with camel you don't need to really). You don't save money even if end up buying things you never need.

So ask yourself what did you need yesterday or last week, what do you need to replace, or could do with. That's the angle to approach this.

I picked up the Adobe sub because it's something I use, it's something I know the value and I will buy anyway.

Ok Dad.

Soldato
I think they are great, no issues with my two camera pack been in for over a year. Set my phone to do not disturb at night but allow blink notifications and brick myself when a fox sets it off :D

Disappointed with the add on camera discount thought they would be cheaper so not biting

Oh a little too, invest in some solar security lights to position near the camera, much better night quality than IR
Thanks mate, I know the new ones are due 22nd October but think I may just bite with the 3 camera pack now and get them stuck up, now we are investing in sorting the house out I want something to not only be a bit of a deterrent but put my missus mind at ease.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Seems like Argos/Currys are matching/beating the Hue deals, hopefully they'll release some more bundles or reduce prices as the event goes on as I've got some credit burning a hole!

Soldato
Just had a look. Nothing I want this time. Hue bundles are included though...

Yeah but I don't think I need the hub thing - I literally just need the bulbs.
And I need an odd assortment of bulbs for the living room (4x E14 Edison screw, 4x Bayonet). Not sure I can stomach paying 96 quid for 8 bulbs.

Caporegime
6 bottles of various whisky
2 lifx bulbs

thats me sorted bulb wise already got lifx in most rooms

whisky means christmas gifts are sorted.

they have an amazon exclusive chivas regal.

Caporegime
6 bottles of various whisky
2 lifx bulbs

thats me sorted bulb wise already got lifx in most rooms

whisky means christmas gifts are sorted.

they have an amazon exclusive chivas regal.

Soldato
Yeah but I don't think I need the hub thing
Lifx are cheaper and don't require a hub

if you want a complex scene you need a hub in the house to store the program, you can only do simpler stuff with a phone/alexa app, even with a echo dot,
these are limited in how many bulbs you can control too, and don't have zigbee either afaik

my preferred choice is a smarthing hub with hue bulbs , which as you said are 'only' £4 less than hue.

Back
Top Bottom