Prime Day 2020

Soldato
A joke isn't it.

Yes it is. I wanted the K4 Full control, I nearly bought it for £160, which was the price over the weekend, but a mate told me to wait for the sale and now it's £15 more!:mad:

I downloaded Amazon assistant and that is misleading:-

It just mentions the average price over the last 30 days and the slider thingy doesn't actually work so you can't check.:mad:

Soldato
Brought the oral b 6000n toothbrush i'd been tracking for a while, was 66 when I got one, then up to 88 and today down to 58. One purchased for the other half :)

That and some towels for car cleaning, can never resist these on a deal. plus Airpods pro for £163. Camelcamel all the way!

Soldato
@loftie Sadly the Amazon Kids + deal must only be for new members, checked my account and could only buy for £49/pa would have been a nice saver.

Got my Amazon Fire Stick for £29.99 so a saving of £20 can't complain about that.

Man of Honour
Annoyingly a lot of stuff I'm looking at, the model (or size, etc.) below is on a decent deal, the model above is on a decent deal, but the one I want nada LOL.

Associate
OP
Is it worth getting a newer fire-stick , mine is about 5 years old now , are they any faster or just higher def?

Edit : Nevervmind, Deal 100% used , not paying £49.99 for one when the current one works just fine, albeit a bit slow to respond.

Associate
@loftie Sadly the Amazon Kids + deal must only be for new members, checked my account and could only buy for £49/pa would have been a nice saver.

Got my Amazon Fire Stick for £29.99 so a saving of £20 can't complain about that.

Yea it says this on the T&Cs "• Current Amazon Kids+ subscribers with a prepaid 1-Year Family Plan (purchased standalone or in connection with a Kid’s Edition Device) are not eligible for this offer. Current Amazon Kids+ subscribers with a monthly subscription (including those in a free trial period) are eligible." Bit pants.

Just seen the 4k Stick is on offer so ty! Will tell @modd1uk as he was after one. Edit: Oh it's gone. Boooooooooooo.

Soldato
For a number of the drinks deals I was looking at, most are only about a quid cheaper than they were last week. Not slashed from the stated "non-deal" price.

Bought a Kindle Paperwhite though, as I'll actually sit and read with that in my hand, unlike with my phone.

Soldato
Bought some cat food in bulk and a fire stick 4K.

Was considering buying the ring door bell and a echo show but that would be buying stuff for the sake of buying stuff. Cat food I buy on Amazon anyway and is about 30% cheaper than I normally pay.

Associate
I also got a Sabrent 1tb nvme drive. Only got the Rocket Q but it's plenty good enough for me.
The non Q TLC one was £11 more btw. Though my thoughts on QLC are based solely on the first samsung QLC drive so YMMV.

Edit: Looks like the Q has faster writes up to 250GB then drops to about 200MBps, but that's not going to happen often. The non Q drops off after 16GB but only down to 1GBps. Endurance is different though, 1TB Q has 260 TBW 1TB non Q has 1665 TBW so bit of a difference.

Last edited:
Associate
Got a WD Elements 14TB drive for £174.99 using the £10 extra if you top up £100 deal. Delivered today with same day delivery. Really not bad at £12.50/TB, especially since these are easy to shuck and contain high quality rebadged data center drives.

Back
Top Bottom