The C8 Corvette now shown without camouflage - 'vette going mid-engined

Soldato
£81,700 for the UK Launch Edition was the previously stated figure. :)

Better than the ~£100k it'd cost you to import a LHD one, that's for sure.

Clive Sutton is asking a comical £132k for the red one featured in that video.

Soldato
£81,700 for the UK Launch Edition was the previously stated figure. :)

Better than the ~£100k it'd cost you to import a LHD one, that's for sure.

Clive Sutton is asking a comical £132k for the red one featured in that video.

Nice I totally missed that, sounds like it's basically LT3 Z51 with a couple extra 'Launch Edition' badges. Definitely interested at that money, I wonder if there will be a similar delay for the E-Ray model etc. or if RHD will be quicker to release.

Soldato
It's cheaper than the equivalent Ferrari or Porsche (at least in the US)for a reason.

Still inexcusable, though, but then there have been issues with the early cars (as there often is). Might be worth looking at later ones.

It is significantly cheaper than the premium alternatives, mind; the cheapest Ferrari in the US is $215,000, which is $156,000 more than the C8.

Soldato
The actual panels dont line up either. I guess they were made in two different places.

The leather on the dash looks like the seams are splitting.

Soldato
100K and they can't even stitch something as well as a Primarni sweatshop worrying!

It's no excuse but it's £46k if you just do a straight USD to GBP conversion; you could argue that the money (as is often the case with Corvettes) has been spent where it matters – but, regardless, I wouldn't be happy with it. They can do better.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's no excuse but it's £46k if you just do a straight USD to GBP conversion; you could argue that the money (as is often the case with Corvettes) has been spent where it matters – but, regardless, I wouldn't be happy with it. They can do better.
I'd rather it had no stitching than that.

Hopefully it's just early cars! Either way for a press car(I presume that one is a US spec press car) that's bad.

Soldato
They arent really that cheap. Its a nice V8 but these American lumps arent expensive engines.

How does the interior of a 50k Merc look?

Soldato
If you want the interior quality of a Ferrari or Bentley, buy a Ferrari or Bentley. These cars are cheap for a reason.

The stitching in my 17 Year old Mondeo seats aren't allover the place like that, nor the 18 year old Jeep we have sat on the driveway so there are no excuses here that are valid IMO.

Back
Top Bottom