Hikers and Mountaineers. Do you use La Sportiva footwear?

Associate
Ok, so I've been looking at a pair of La Sportiva boots online for hiking and mountaineering. Hoping they'll serve me well on the way to Everest Base Camp next year and all the prep leading up to.

Mainly asking, do they deserve all the hype they generally get?

And if so, whats their sizing like? Because most physical stores are OOS in my area I will have to order online, and would rather try and minimise the amount of hassle and expense of ordering several sizes to then send them back.

Any other recommendations for other boots welcome too.

Thanks.

Associate
La Sportiva are one of the go to brands for mountain boots.

I’d strongly advise having them fitted by a professional for Everest Base Camp.

Associate
OP
Thanks, my issue as mentioned in the OP is that most stores are OOS or have limited number of sizes.

Its bad enough just to find my size online it seems in this particular model.

Associate
I'm out of the loop - is it La Sportiva that are out of stock or all mountain boots?

If it's an issue only for La Sportiva, I would look elsewhere.

Associate
OP
A lot of my local stores are low grade and don't stock mountain boots.

I've ordered them online from 2 different retailers with limited stock, in a 10 (my usual size) and a 10.5 to see which fits best and will send the other back.

I've gone for the La Sportiva Trango TRK.

Soldato
I didn't like them, but I actually tried them on. At the time I was after some B2 boots for general winter hiking/scrambling.
Ended up with Scarpa Mantas but even then I fine them tough on my feet, I have strange feet any of these sturdier boots don't fit me very well but they were the best.
I would never buy boots online unless is already tried them on. Couldn't care less on the brand get the best fitting.
To have only one brand on your radar seems a huge mistake to me.

Associate
OP
Hope it goes well! Can't go too wrong with La Sportiva.

Id like some proper mountain boots next.

Thanks, will update with what they fit like. Do you do much hiking/mountaineering?

I didn't like them, but I actually tried them on. At the time I was after some B2 boots for general winter hiking/scrambling.
Ended up with Scarpa Mantas but even then I fine them tough on my feet, I have strange feet any of these sturdier boots don't fit me very well but they were the best.
I would never buy boots online unless is already tried them on. Couldn't care less on the brand get the best fitting.
To have only one brand on your radar seems a huge mistake to me.

I don't only have one on my radar, tbh I was looking at some nice Mammuts and Salomon's before I'd even heard of La Sportiva but as seems to be the story of my life, couldn't get either in my size. Then time and time again, shops were recommending the La Sportiva even if they didn't have them in stock. They were a comparable price to the others at £200~.

I have no brand preferences as it means nothing to me, I'm just trying to make an educated decision on what people have recommended most seens as I can't get any of them in physical stores at the mo. I'm guessing COVID is playing havoc with the supply chains in this sector like it is in rest of the world.

If neither pairs fit good enough they'll go straight back. I wont sacrifice comfort and usability just because its what people recommended. Gotta look after your feet first and foremost on these sorts of treks.

Soldato
I'm lucky that I seem to have La Sportiva shaped feet as their boots and shoes fit me perfectly. I got a few pairs of their boots, B2 and B3 and haven't had any problems with them. I've just had one pair resoled after it wore out and delaminated, but that was just through use. Weirdly though, I don't get on with their climbing shoes, I've tried a few models and they just don't fit at all.

Back
Top Bottom