Laurence Fox

Soldato
As james.miller points out, it was the initial mud slingers in Fox's case that went crying to lawyers - in Katie Hopkins case, the woman she slandered wasn't even the person she thought she was slagging off, it was someone comepletely different!

There is a convicted sexual offender with the same name as the person Fox accused of being a paedophile. The man he slandered wasn't even the person he thought he was slagging off, it was someone completely different ! Thanks for pointing out this additional similarity.

Soldato
There is a convicted sexual offender with the same name as the person Fox accused of being a paedophile. The man he slandered wasn't even the person he thought he was slagging off, it was someone completely different ! Thanks for pointing out this additional similarity.

Right, just so we're clear: you approve of the defamation lawsuit again Fox because he called somebody a peadophile in retaliation to that person calling him a racist first. And this is somehow ok because there's a real peadophile out there with the same name as the guy who called Fox a racist first. Is this correct? I just want to be clear and understand your POV on this.

Don
Right, just so we're clear: you approve of the defamation lawsuit again Fox because he called somebody a peadophile in retaliation to that person calling him a racist first. And this is somehow ok because there's a real peadophile out there with the same name as the guy who called Fox a racist first. Is this correct? I just want to be clear and understand your POV on this.
Aye, he's missing the point, there were several people slagging off Fox that he responded to, this one guy isn't the only one involved so it would likely be coincidence that there is a paedophile with the name of one of them.

The person in the Katie Hopkins case had nothing to do with the grievance that Katie Hopkins had and even when it was pointed out she had targetted the wrong person over it, refused to apoligise.

Soldato
I think it's actually pretty fair game at this point. Calling someone a racist on social media without a speck of evidence is completely unacceptable.

This is a strategy Fox appears to have taken from Sam Harris/Douglas Murray. (Clip below)

https://youtu.be/t7uqHosIj4s?t=3108

Is it fair? Maybe, maybe not. It is funny though and fundamentally an attempt to stop baseless accusations.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hopkins made completely unfounded accusations on Twitter and got her ass sued, lost her house.

Fox just last weekend made completely unfounded accusations of paedophilia against someone on Twitter and is getting his ass sued.....i hope he's not about to get a new kitchen or anything.

Pretty fair comparison to be honest.

Not necessarily, context matters - they seemed to have defamed him first by labelling him as a "racist" or in one case a "racist ****"... he's then clearly retaliated by making a baseless accusation/insult back... I suspect most people reading it will see that it is an insult/retaliation and not an accusation, if anything they're opening themselves up to being sued by him.

So far they don't appear to have sued him or taken any actions they've merely claimed they will do so.

Don
Not necessarily, context matters - they seemed to have defamed him first by labelling him as a "racist" or in one case a "racist ****"... he's then clearly retaliated by making a baseless accusation/insult back... I suspect most people reading it will see that it is an insult/retaliation and not an accusation, if anything they're opening themselves up to being sued by him.

So far they don't appear to have sued him or taken any actions they've merely claimed they will do so.
I suspect they both contacted their solicitors who told them that there wasn't a case because it was a clear tit for tat spat rather than a credible accusation that could be proven to have damaged the standing etc of those accused. Certainly one of them subsequently appologised to Fox for his accusation.

Soldato
I think it's actually pretty fair game at this point. Calling someone a racist on social media without a speck of evidence is completely unacceptable.

This is a strategy Fox appears to have taken from Sam Harris/Douglas Murray. (Clip below)

https://youtu.be/t7uqHosIj4s?t=3108

Is it fair? Maybe, maybe not. It is funny though and fundamentally an attempt to stop baseless accusations.

It's been done on here too if I remember correctly. Fair play I reckon.

Soldato
I actually think this dude could be the face of reasonable protest against the establishment.

Still not convinced that people will vote outside the main 2 parties in numbers that would make a difference though, we need STV.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm very much up for a protest vote to be honest, so he might get mine. I haven't voted in a number of years because politics has become such a circus.

Soldato
I don't really care about them as I didn't make those protest votes, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who did who are happy with the result.
Im fairly happy with him starting a new party for right wingers and would echo what @Chris Wilson said and say it will just split the right wing vote and take votes away from the Tories. So yeah I hope they do well. Every vote for what ever party he renames it to, the Tories and other right wingers get one less

Associate
Im fairly happy with him starting a new party for right wingers and would echo what @Chris Wilson said and say it will just split the right wing vote and take votes away from the Tories. So yeah I hope they do well. Every vote for what ever party he renames it to, the Tories and other right wingers get one less

It seems you've actually forgotten how this works. What's the legacy of UKIP? Hint: it's not the Tories losing power ;)

Soldato
It seems you've actually forgotten how this works. What's the legacy of UKIP? Hint: it's not the Tories losing power ;)

I think he's just getting excited at the prospect of Labour getting in.

They didn't stand a snowballs chance of doing that within a decade until Covid came along.

Soldato
I think he's just getting excited at the prospect of Labour getting in.

They didn't stand a snowballs chance of doing that within a decade until Covid came along.
I dont think covid is the only thing that has shown the ruling party to be unfit for purpose and the more right wing parties there are the less chance the Tories get all the right wing votes.

Back
Top Bottom