• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
They won't, not at this point as retailers and the supply chain will be working towards the date already given.
You are probably right, it is just that the Supply Chain seems to be able to stand the accesories being brought forward so I wondered if other news was coming. it may be that the earlier date was always planned but they were cautious so gave 19th. Who knows but its fun to wonder :)

Soldato
You are probably right, it is just that the Supply Chain seems to be able to stand the accesories being brought forward so I wondered if other news was coming. it may be that the earlier date was always planned but they were cautious so gave 19th. Who knows but its fun to wonder :)

I checked my Amazon order earlier and my headset is still saying the 19th but the games the 12th.

Soldato
Just noticed the Sabrent Rocket SSD hdd on amazon, 1tb for £93. Wonder if this will work in the ps5?

edit. I don’t know if I can mention this due to competitor ?

Associate
I checked my Amazon order earlier and my headset is still saying the 19th but the games the 12th.

Yeah, I have the Disc edition, Media Remote, Controller, Camera and Assasins Creed on pre-order and no change yet. If they come early i can let myself open one item every 2 days to stretch it out ;)

Unless my guess is right of course......

Soldato
Assuming you're talking about the one that's on offer today, that is! It probably won't make much sense to buy an SSD for the PS5 (or the Xbox really) for at least 6 months or so until the prices come down on them.
Yeah that’s the one I was looking at :p I would’ve snapped one up now at that price if it was fast enough. But I’ll wait for now to see what Sony recommend.

Associate
You never know, Sony should announce compatible NVME drives soon and may be one available and on sale for Black Friday. If not, I'll wait until next year or until one is a reasonable price.

Soldato
Would anyone realistically need an additional drive on day 1, or even the first 6 months?

I suppose with PS4 games taken into account the limited storage could become an issue, but I'm not sure that justifies the expense this early on. My plan is to take the 1TB SSD out of my PS4 Pro and use that as PS4 games storage with the PS5, they're not likely to benefit any further from being on the internal storage.

Soldato
Would anyone realistically need an additional drive on day 1, or even the first 6 months?

There is only like 664gb available,

You can get an external and copy games too and from it though.

Miles Morales is 105gb and only 10 hours long.. that 664gb will fill fast.

Soldato

I'll be running all my PS4 games from the 2TB external SSD drive I have. So cannot see why I'd be looking for an additional internal drive for 6 months.
I also don't need to have everything installed at the same time - I'm rarely cycling between more than a handful of games.

Soldato
I'm just going to wait and see how the dumping games you ain't playing on to an external hard drive works out.

If it's not too much of a hassle I will be going for that option until the NVMe prices come down.

Will be spending my hard earned on games and a headset in the first year I think.

Soldato
I watched that earlier. Shame Richard doesn't get to do the teardown himself but it's still interesting to hear his thoughts on what we're seeing from the Sony teardown. He'll get his chance soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom