***Official Apple October 13 @ 18:00 BST iPhone Reveal Thread***

Soldato
The ProRAW still will be quite useful to a lot of people - perhaps not normies so much - but I'd use it (next year... don't need a new phone now). Video as usual looks mental. I often take photos/videos for someone I'm close with for her social media as I enjoy pretending I'm a photographer who knows what they're doing on my 11 Pro Max and even with some simple editing on Lightroom on her phone they look ridiculously good, so I love a good camera upgrade.

Soldato
funny thing is, every other “pro” product they have uses USBC

I know, but iPhone is their baby, and it's the last bastion of lightning. I don't think iPhone will gain all the benefits of the iPad for putting USB-C in, but I still wish they would. My single cable setup requires it!

ALD

ALD

Associate
I never understood the notch issue, but I do agree on USB/Lightning, but they don't want to fully give up on Lightning because it's their baby. But I think they will eventually.
They will drop the port completely so they can sell us all a MagSafe.

Soldato
Yes it's obvious they'll eventually make the iPhone port-free eventually - charging? Wireless. Earphones? Bluetooth/wireless. Data transfer? Who uses a cable for that now anyway?

The iPad Pro still has some realistic case uses for needing the USB-C port but for how people use phones now and the move to wireless audio (I don't see ANYONE in the two different gyms I use now using wired stuff) it seems a bit redundant.

Associate
3 biggest things people wanted hasn’t been addressed this year.

1) Smaller notch
2) 120hz
3) USB C
I mean we’ve known for a while those 3 weren’t happening, bar 120hz which had a little resurgence in the rumour mill.

But regarding the Notch at least, it’s kinda justified considering the tech. Not there for the sake of it, but I think Apple are aiming to completely remove rather than make it smaller.

128 should be base for all models tbh but glad to see they’ve finally upped it for the Pro models.

Still I paid less than the RRP for my 256GB 11 Pro, which is overkill but glad to see I got money’s worth.

Back
Top Bottom