• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen ClockTuner

Caporegime
Soldato
I have a 1600AF with an all core overclock of 3.95ghz. Given most of my usage is gaming on single cores, does this software allow a higher single core overclock/boost or does it simply determine the best all core overclock your chip can do?
It doesn't work with that CPU. AFAIK that's a Zen+ part rather than Zen2.

Associate
Whats every finding there max all core boost on a 3900XT?

just installed mine today and using Clock tuner and then setting a manual profile in Ryzen master I can hit 4.3 all core @ 1.3V and temp stays dead on 50 degrees in gaming in a custom loop feeding both CPU and GPU.

Associate
I've got a launch day 3900x, so similar, but I've only tried an all core of 4.3ghz and not tried going above that. That's at 1.28175v but my temps are slightly higher at mid 50s gaming after several hours.

That was done in the bios, with clock tuner I ran 4425 on ccx1, 4400 ccx2, 4300 ccx3 and 4275 ccx4. Anything above any of these values caused instability or required over 1.28175v

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Many here done this with their 3600's, worth the effort?

Its easier to have this tool then run it to find a sweet spot. I had the 3600 from launch, and manually faffing with the BIOS settings, memory timings takes a lot of time. Obviously this is old school overclocking so happy to have that granularity.

If your out for something quick and dirty its a really good tool. It makes the CPU run cooler with a small bump over the regular stock setup.

Associate
Its easier to have this tool then run it to find a sweet spot. I had the 3600 from launch, and manually faffing with the BIOS settings, memory timings takes a lot of time. Obviously this is old school overclocking so happy to have that granularity.

If your out for something quick and dirty its a really good tool. It makes the CPU run cooler with a small bump over the regular stock setup.

Its a decent tool, very easy to use and confirmed what I suspected, my 3600 is pants, bronze. I held off buying one for months and still ended up with one from the first batch. Went from 3460-3615 to 3791 on cb20 just using stock test 1250mv.

I tried saving this profile to ryzen master as CTR doesn't apply it on boot, do you need to enter peak voltage in manually on ryzen master right?

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Its a decent tool, very easy to use and confirmed what I suspected, my 3600 is pants, bronze. I held off buying one for months and still ended up with one from the first batch. Went from 3460-3615 to 3791 on cb20 just using stock test 1250mv.

I tried saving this profile to ryzen master as CTR doesn't apply it on boot, do you need to enter peak voltage in manually on ryzen master right?

Not seen that, which version of the CTR tool you on? I have checked the switch to apply on boot - not tested if it actually does it (only rebooted twice in weeks) lol.

Associate
Not seen that, which version of the CTR tool you on? I have checked the switch to apply on boot - not tested if it actually does it (only rebooted twice in weeks) lol.

Not seen?

1.0 beta 3, it has auto apply but only works if you run the program.

Just discovered you cant save multiple profiles.

Associate
It minimises to my system tray so I take it that means its running..

Once the settings are applied you can shut down CTR, but on reboot you need to load it up again unless you copy and save the profile to ryzen master to apply on boot which should work. But I think you need to set voltages yourself on there as it only copies over the voltage in use at the time (idle voltage) and not peak required. Not played around with that yet, if anyone can confirm how to transfer over profiles to ryzen master properly once you're done with CTR?

Taking voltage upto 1325mv didn't yield much more performance at max mhz I could reach, 3831 cb20 but at cost of much higher temps and power usage compared to stock. Auto tune will do in my case, much lower temps (about 8c) and about 6% performance increase over stock, worth doing, quality little tool, I can imagine it saves hours and hours of testing.

Last edited:
Associate
From the dev's twitter, new version should be out this week.

What's new in ClockTuner for Ryzen 1.1
* New engine
* "Enhance accuracy" mode
* Profile management
* Smart diagnostics
* Stats and auto-sharing
* UI enhancements
* "No SMT" mode
* Pop-up tips and tricks in the log
* Additional 1-click system stability check
* Bug fixes

Soldato
if i was to use this, and have ryzen master already installed. do i need to uninstall ryzen master and clear CMOS? what about the BIOS setting profiles, shall i load them or leave everything on default?

Soldato
I have a 1600AF with an all core overclock of 3.95ghz. Given most of my usage is gaming on single cores, does this software allow a higher single core overclock/boost or does it simply determine the best all core overclock your chip can do?
cant use this tool for 1600AF. this thing only supports Zen2 bases chips

Associate
if i was to use this, and have ryzen master already installed. do i need to uninstall ryzen master and clear CMOS? what about the BIOS setting profiles, shall i load them or leave everything on default?

The Tool needs RM to be installed for it to work, suggest reading the guide and the notes on the download page for bios settings etc.
There's also a youtube vid somewhere, you can find links to a forum thread and the devs twitter in the tool.

Soldato
The Tool needs RM to be installed for it to work, suggest reading the guide and the notes on the download page for bios settings etc.
There's also a youtube vid somewhere, you can find links to a forum thread and the devs twitter in the tool.
That’s what I read. But someone on this thread has said that RM needs to be uninstalled and bios reflashed in order for the tool to work which I can’t seem to find any references to on the guide.

is it just someone causing confusion over something that’s extremely simplistic?

also question on BIOS setting still stands. All settings as default other than the VRM settings and obviously make sure RAM isn’t clicked at ridiculous speed. But what about Vsoc? That affects ram stability

Back
Top Bottom