***Official Apple October 13 @ 18:00 BST iPhone Reveal Thread***

Soldato
Disappointing due to lack of 120hz. Think the Pro Max is too big for me.

Would be upgrading from a X, wanted white again but it doesn't go with any of the cases so thinking graphite might be the safer choice.

Associate
That was a seventy minute advert for 5G. Big businesses banding together to flog consumers a product the vast majority don’t need.

i was listening rather than viewing as was still working. Here rural have zero chance of getting 5g for quite some time and not really bothered. Vodafone 4g mostly does the job but couldn’t help but think how ironic that the 5g iPhone presentation kept buffering!

Associate
That was a seventy minute advert for 5G. Big businesses banding together to flog consumers a product the vast majority don’t need.

THIS, can't even get a decent 4G signal and they were banging on about 5

Ceramic - buzz word like Graphene in the car detailing world....
Best 5G iPhone Ever you ever had ever, on the market forever....lol
Camera - your £xxxx dSLR cant even do what this can.....
Magsafe.....give it a year, no longer available......

Caporegime
So interesting looking at the pricing plans on Apple website. I get £280 for trading in my xs 256gb and monthly payments are £35 for the pro 12 256gb. Not interested in the pro max as it is.
That’s on the 24 mth 0% apr plan, when I got my xs I was paying around £60 a month or so.
So seems like they have changed their plans a bit as it reduces the monthly payment if you have another iPhone to trade in.

Because I’m with Voda, I’m going to hang fire and see what they offer me in terms of upgrading. I have 2 lines and an Apple Watch where I’m paying close to £90 a mth. So I’m interested to see if they will do anything or if their plans will make it cheaper for me to go through them rather than Apple direct.

Soldato
"There are billions of USB-A chargers out there so we're not including one because you won't need it."

> Includes a USB-C charging cable

Soldato
Think you have to be a real fanboy to upgrade to this from any 11 variant. Even more disappointing than the watch series 6.

Soldato
Yeah, they just look gorgeous.
Look gorgeous but ultimately way less pleasant to use compared to rounded edges?
Apple form over function at its finest. Seriously looking at an 11pro max at a decent price after that presentation.

Soldato
Look gorgeous but ultimately way less pleasant to use compared to rounded edges?
Apple form over function at its finest. Seriously looking at an 11pro max at a decent price after that presentation.

I preferred the feel of iPhone 5 over 6 for example.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Incremental updates but nothing earth shattering.

I liked that iPhone 5 design the first time around, so pleased to see it make a return... just feels a bit like they didn’t have any new ideas.

Is it me, or do the stainless bands look more polished than the anodised ones from the 11 Pro Max? I steer away from the shiny chrome-like ones on the white because they scratch at the first hint of debris but the space grey and midnight green from last gen were almost a matte finish.

I think this is the general trend in smartphones as it is... The only real upgrades we see year on year is a slightly faster chip and slightly better camera. The chip being faster is pointless atm as well because even the older chips arent being fully utilised!

Soldato
The magsafe charger seems really weird, surely when you place the iPhone onto it on say your bedside cabinet, you'll have to physically separate the charger and the phone with both hands when picking it up? Surely defeating the point of having a wireless charger for the convenience of picking it up easily? Or am I missing something?

Associate
I’m looking to upgrade my XR for the first time on the web site normally go in to the shop but how things are I’d rather not this time .

I checked the trade in on apples site and it says once I send my phone off there’ll credits the money on a Apple gift card ? .

How’s that works as I wanted the money back to put back in my bank account ?

As I said never done this before so unsure how it works .

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom