• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Has anyone here bought on the 0% payment plan before? Usually I use a 0% purchases credit card but not sure it will arrive in time to order, is the checkout process too long to get a phone on day one? Don't want to miss out because I spent 10 minutes filling in 3 years of addresses etc.

When I went to Uni about six years ago, I (or I should say my mother) got my Macbook through Barclays 0% finance over three years. Was a painless process if I remember rightly. :)

(Note, every time someone writes ‘hz’, part of me dies. It’s Hz, not hz. Mr Hertz would be turning in his grave)

I shall remember to use S^-1 in future then. :p

Soldato
Battery Health on my iPhone 7 is now at 79% and it's saying it should be 'serviced' now, bought it new in March 2017 so can't really complain.

Will just wait for the new ones to come out and evaluate my options when they're out. They better hurry up :)

Soldato
Has anyone here bought on the 0% payment plan before? Usually I use a 0% purchases credit card but not sure it will arrive in time to order, is the checkout process too long to get a phone on day one? Don't want to miss out because I spent 10 minutes filling in 3 years of addresses etc.

Just thought I’d add on to this; if joining the upgrade programme do you still need to do this in store?

Caporegime
Yes I did with my xs and didn’t take too long in store but then I didn’t go on launch day, I waited a few weeks then went into the store to get mine.
They check stock before they go through the credit agreement.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Wondering if you can do a 1 year payment plan? I know you can do it for 2/3 years or possibly longer but not sure if it can be done in 1

Soldato
IF they do a multiyear plan, could you not just overpay and get it out of the way sooner?
Given its 0% its not like you need to look at early payment settlements and the likes..

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

What Id like to see, in order of importance for next years model:

1) Much smaller notch, or no notch at all
2) 120Hz display
3) USB-C
4) 5G
5) 6/8gb of RAM
6) Base storage 128gb
7) Faster charging/Faster wireless charging
8) 1440p display
9) Reverse wireless charging

Let us pray

Just bringing this to the front, made this wishlist back in October 2019...

Lets see how many of these 9 things actually come into fruition. By the looks of things, almost all of them are coming bar the ones I care most about in 1,2 and 3.

Soldato
Lets see how many of these 9 things actually come into fruition. By the looks of things, almost all of them are coming bar the ones I care most about in 1,2 and 3.

The Pros might get 6gb RAM and 128gb base storage, the cheaper models will not (according to rumour). I haven't heard anything about reverse wireless charging.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

The Pros might get 6gb RAM and 128gb base storage, the cheaper models will not (according to rumour). I haven't heard anything about reverse wireless charging.

Yeah the pro's (which is what im concerned with) are looking to get the ram and base storage upgrades. I saw last year that they had the technology for reverse wireless charging but didnt put it in. This year i heard rumours that its quite likely to be put in, but still not 100% sure

Soldato
They’ve deliberately excluded certain features to save for the next update as they’re rapidly running out of ideas. This is such a massive disappointment. I wanted to move to a larger iPhone than my 11 Pro but they’re not getting a penny of mine on principle now.

That said, I do have time for them not including the charger and headphones. That’s a big plus for the environment and corporate waste.

Last edited:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Can trade in your old phone against the interest free option for a instant reduction on the credit amount if anyone’s interested

apple trade ins usually rip you off, if I were you id sell it somewhere else and use that money towards it

Soldato
12 Pro for me. As I thought, same screen size as the XR but the phone's dimensions are slightly smaller. I always thought the XR (and the 11) was the perfect size so I'm taking the chance to drop down from the 11 Pro Max I owned until recently. Anything is going to be a huge step up over the 7 I'm using in the interim. The 12 Pro Max is too big for me, but I have to say I'm surprised the dimensions aren't all that much bigger than the 11 Pro Max despite the extra 0.2" screen size.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

out of curiousity, did apple actually reduce the size of the side/bottom bezels?

They've managed to get more screen size using the same form factor essentially on the pro models

Back
Top Bottom